1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wings + Horns S/S 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by bowvalley2000, Jan 1, 2011.

1. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

Anyone have experience with tailoring sweaters / knits? I've had alterations done but only on things like shirts / pants. Is it be something the average skilled tailor would be able to modify?
    My tailor modified my W+H Cowichan to fit me perfectly..

2. twdawson

twdawson Senior member

[​IMG]

Would be pretty firm on getting back what i paid, so around $160 shipped CONUS.

But honestly it's such a great piece i'm really hesitant to give it up. I just hope a M comes along at some point....

Anyone have experience with tailoring sweaters / knits? I've had alterations done but only on things like shirts / pants. Is it be something the average skilled tailor would be able to modify?

My tailor modified my W+H Cowichan to fit me perfectly..

Were they just taking it in at the sides? Or could a tailor be reasonably expected to change the overall body/sleeve length as well?

3. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

FW jeans, camo pants, and fishtail are copped 100%.

4. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

'Foul Weather Bomber' from SS 08.
    Extremely limited run (like 25 were made) and expensive.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Was a grail for me, but I'm kind of past it, we'll see how well I can resist it this fall...

had a chance to grab this at the last W+H sample sale, but i didn't even know what it was, i done fucked up.
    it was $350 then.

5. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

looks like haven's got the sunburt orange hoodie up. lucky canucks. and those sunburt fleece sweats... interesting.

Instantly bought this. Thanks for the heads up.

6. Psydelik

Psydelik Senior member

I think I wet my pants after looking at that F/W11 stuff. Holy shit.

7. _inwonderland

_inwonderland Senior member

Wow, really didn't expect them to rehash the Foul Weather Bomber. I've been waiting for this day for a long time!!! Between this and the reiteration of the Geller piece I lust, I feel like I'm in heaven [​IMG]

The original bomber was selling for $575 at Holt Renfrew back in the day...

8. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

If that's your natural waist, go for a small. If thats the size you wear, go for a medium. I wear a 32-33 and went for a medium and they fit perfect.

I'm a 30-31 and went for a medium as well, and they also fit perfectly [​IMG]

Am I the only one that saw the price of $ 150.00 for sweat pants ?

I saw it and I doubled it (for 2 pair) [​IMG]

9. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Very nice pictures of the old Bomber. Thanks.

Does the new one look like it has the hidden hoodie? I certainly hope not. No reason for a hidden hoodie (just layer another hoodie underneath if needed)...and I think it takes away from the style of the piece.

'Foul Weather Bomber' from SS 08. Extremely limited run (like 25 were made) and expensive.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Looks like we should probably start a FW/11 thread

11. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

12. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I took down some of the pics, for now. They were not supposed to be released yet. I'm talking to to rep about the pictures if they appear on other sites, and what they can do for us re. a little quid pro quo for our users.

We will have exclusive pictures of the FW11 lineup in the Frontpage section shortly.

Cheers,

Fok.

14. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

For all the pieces that are out right now...

...I have yet to see a single pair of SHORTS. Anyone have any luck?

15. Fahim.

Fahim. Senior member

Just uploaded most of our second delivery, now available online and in-store. Click here

16. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

Blah. $200 oxfords, what a freaking shame. I don't want this shit made in Japan if it demands a $60 premium plus it ruins the brands 'identity' as pathetic as that sounds. Very disappointing direction, considering the brushed flannels this past fall were cheaper and definitely much more expensive to produce than a fucking oxford in Japan.

17. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Blah. $200 oxfords, what a freaking shame. I don't want this shit made in Japan if it demands a $60 premium plus it ruins the brands 'identity' as pathetic as that sounds. Very disappointing direction, considering the brushed flannels this past fall were cheaper and definitely much more expensive to produce than a fucking oxford in Japan.
    I have to agree. Was looking forward to copping some stuff, but everything appears to be quite plain l/s and s/s at the $200 price point and higher. I don't mind it for a nice shirt, but these look whatever. I guess the only thing left is a shorts version of the bush pant. That actually is an item, or am I mistaken? Don't tell me the lookbook is just the guy rolling up his bush pant above the knee...... Also, does anyone know what kind of material is that "NEP Dungaree". I thought denim, but it looks very thin and wrinkly also...

18. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

The brushed flannels of last season were actually made in Japan. Just checked my tag to confirm. But yeah...they were cheaper.

The pricing on some of the items is high, without question. Fortunately this means a lot of folks may be easing their kop-fingers allowing time to mull over these pieces before obligatin' any funds..

RG has a ton up. Not sure what happened to 4_HM. They were going strong for a bit with inventory updates, then stopped. Pretty bad timing..

Does anyone know what service 4_HM uses for delivery to the US? Postal or fedex?

19. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

Too bad they keep releasing the same cut of shirt in the 1x1 rib knit, since the ones I have from this fall fit terrible and I totally regret buying them (especially after a wash, ugh). I refuse to pay $60 for a plain cotton tee so I guess it's back to Alternative Apparel?

I didn't cop any of the double jersey stuff this past season - could anyone tell me about the fabric? It's getting harder to order from these Canadian stores, since not only are they not giving a 10% discount or so, which isn't that much, the shipping is more expensive. It's much easier to wait for a store like Need, Blackbird, Frances May, Brigade, etc to stock an item... I feel cheap.

20. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Look at the outward flare at the bottom of the Haven BD versus the same one pictured on RG. Is someone pinning back to reduce the design-intended billow? Sure looks like it...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]