Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Wings + Horns S/S 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by bowvalley2000, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

BTW, is this plaid wearable through spring? Or is it a heavy winter flannel?

I have both the red/cream flannel and the navy/green one, and although they're a heavier brushed cotton fabric, I'd say they're wearable through the Spring...depending on where you live, of course.

2. Aries83

Aries83 Senior member

Just thought I'd post in here for fits, I've just received a W+H henley from F/W10, it's an L. I'm 6'2 and a 40' chest, and this is how it fits for those of a similar build. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

^ perfect fit bud, i'm jealous.

4. Aries83

Aries83 Senior member

Cheers mate, I feel for you, though your loss is my gain!

5. madmadigan

madmadigan Senior member

Nice fit, I just picked up that same thermal in same size, now I know what it will look like [​IMG]

6. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

^Nice thermal! I see ssense still has a few of them and they're on sale. Only smalls left though. Would that work for someone who is 5'8 145lbs? I guess haven sold out, so can't get the measurements through them anymore.

And if anyone knows any other online shops selling these thermals for cheap, please share. Thanks

7. s3lam

s3lam Senior member

over the rainbow in Toronto had a bunch of thermals and henleys. I picked up a large thermal and remember seeing some in smaller sizes but that was about a week ago. No harm calling them. They were 50% off too!

8. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

do they do shipping to Vancouver, throughout Canada?

Over the Rainbow I mean.

9. s3lam

s3lam Senior member

not sure if they will ship but what I can do is the next time I am downtown I can check for you and get it for you. But I won't be in the downtown area for a little while.

10. chris__n

chris__n Member

^they dont make a 28? or you just couldnt find one?

i need them in a 28 as well [​IMG] they are pretty hard to find for some reason.

11. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

got the 30's in navy ready to ship - PM me.

edit; keeping message, but wrong season thread - apologies.

12. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Discovered this brand only a few months ago.

Picked up about 3-4 pieces from all the leftover stuff from f/w 2010 all over the net. Every piece has been absolutely awesome in fit and quality.

I'm drooling over the s/s 2011 stuff. I heard it's supposed to come out in Feb, but all I'm seeing right now is the Mac and the Utility coat.

Am I jumping the gun, or missing the boat on some sort of secret hand-shake pre-order business?????

13. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Discovered this brand only a few months ago. Picked up about 3-4 pieces from all the leftover stuff from f/w 2010 all over the net. Every piece has been absolutely awesome in fit and quality. I'm drooling over the s/s 2011 stuff. I heard it's supposed to come out in Feb, but all I'm seeing right now is the Mac and the Utility coat. Am I jumping the gun, or missing the boat on some sort of secret hand-shake pre-order business?????
    Nope...no special spots. Just give it until April to see the full release (for retail). Feb is too optimistic. Edit; Anyone with mac jack please report in..

14. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Man, I totally want to cop that Utility Coat, but it's got a little too many bells and whistles for an understated style...the asymmetric buttons, sideways zipper, shirt cuffs, etc. But the construction and fit looks real nice.

15. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

just a couple notes for SS'11 to add some content during the seasonal lull....

Outside of local shops (e.g. RG) I don't think any stockist have received delivery time frame confirmations (obviously can't speak for all stockist, as only a consumer myself -- but this is based on what I understand after a few emails). But I imagine it will be the "two weeks or so" run-around until about early to mid March (not the fault of stockist---just passing along the same run-around they get from CYC). If stockist shipments of SS slip into April that would not be shocking (based on observation of past) but I think the bulk of the season again should surface in hopefully early to mid March. I believe that fortunately this is a conservative and safe estimate of time...

- The new denim should launch in early April'11. I think we have reason to be excited about this. Rumor has it the fit is far superior to the Japanese denim program they tried a few seasons back.
    - For people who didn't get SS10 henleys &/or crew-necks in the colors/sizes they wanted I think they're shipping out the rest of the stock so keep an eye out for restocks (not a lot, just a few shipments).
    - The popular corded cloth pants will be released in supposedly a super cool looking shade of gray for FW'11 (far off, but exciting..) (If anyone need a pair of navy corded cloths in 30 please PM - just haven't had a chance to list them -- too big for me. Very fair price. Previous owner wore them twice - please PM /plug).
    - Need moar burnt orange hoodies in my life.
    - Remember the "large loop" terry stuff is really stretchy and certain people like myself (eg people who like a snug fit) will want to consider reprogramming their w+h sizing mentality and either go tts or even size down to account for inevitable stretch (for example, I am wearing the sweats in size XS as where I wore them in M when they were made with the traditional material).

Also looking for anyone with a mac jacket to report in. At north of 6 bills they're not flying off the e-shelves I've noticed (edit; meh, they're moving okay..) but am curious to hear from someone who has done that deed....considering the black myself.