• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns S/S 2011

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Size small. What slack says is pretty true. I took a medium in the mac and small in the devil twill. 6'1 165lbs approx 17.5 S-S and 19" Chest

Nice fit - jacket looks great, maybe best I've seen it. Black is cool..

Alright W+H experts (SLACK!!!) I’m looking into purchasing a couple things and needed some help on sizing. First and foremost the ever so popular Bush cargo pants, I kind of fluctuate in waist size between the 30-32 range. A.P.C. I am normally a 30 (I like those F***ers snug) and in Levi’s (I only wear 510’s) I am a 32. Keep in mind I would like these to be as snug as possible without popping a button or two, I have heard they run big… How big? Would I be okay with a 30?

Also, I have been considering both the pocket crewneck sweater as well as the nep dungaree long sleeve and a short sleeve henley. I typically take a size M in most A.P.C. and Gitman fits but I heard that W+H can be a bit snug, would you recommend any of the 3 items in a L as opposed to a M? I like my shirts slim fit but unfortunately my build is a little more muscular than the average W+H fanboys that wear this stuff.

I normally wouldn’t bug you guys about this but W+H isn’t all that accessible in LA so trying them on is out of the question and most of the **** I want is on FINAL sale so there are no returns. I would appreciate any and all help.

XOXO

Okay, the bush pants/shorts (same cut for both) don't run as big as the west point chinos. You will often hear people complaining about the seat/butt/waist area being disproportionately large in some W+H pants, but these are different. They may run about a size to a half size big (apologies as I cannot measure today), but from my recollection, not huge. So I would suggest, being final sale, to meet your waist fluctuation in the middle and go with a 31. If a 31 is not available, I would suggest trying the 30 and hope you can wear those - might be snug, but I think it should be okay if you're referencing a 30-32 typical range.

The double layer pocket crewneck and the short sleeved henley can be sized together. They both run true to your normal size. W + H is kind of losing their rep for creating tiny clothing. In my opinion it was the older tiger fleece hoodies which created that perception. They were so wildly popular that the specific sizing of the tiger fleeces (i.e. snug) became the perceived status quo for the brand. However in recent seasons everything has been leveling out in my opinion, including the hoodies. So with that information said, if you can wear a size medium in Gitman, you will be fine with a wings medium in both of those pieces. You said you had some muscle -- you'll need it in the short sleeve henley. Unfortunately I think that shirt is probably sitting idle in a lot of drawers. But again if you are in shape, it will look great. The pocket crewneck takes a slight departure from normal wings cut, as it is kind of on the longer side (my observation being 5'8"). Not suggesting that's a bad thing of course, just for your information. The sizing is true to your normal size, and remember there is a lot of stretch - as with the henley.

For the dungaree, that is also cut true (relatively slim, but not overly by any means) and if you wear a medium in Gitman, I am about certain you will be fine with a M in the nep dungaree long sleeve. I would say it might even be a touch roomier than gitman. Hope this helps - good luck - let us know how it works out if you're able.

bwahahahaha

Reaction score
Just thought I would chime in on the fit of the short sleeve henley. They run basically true to size, but that said I am definitely a true xs (5' 11" 130lbs) and a small fits me almost perfectly, even if an xs fits slightly better. For reference, APC XS are too big on me and I'm a BoO XS. Nevertheless, that particular piece does fit me in a small and still runs very slim.

ThomSquared

Reaction score
Slack, I knew I could count on you for this dude, much love. Also, bwahahaha (great name BTW) I remember trying on a W+H L/S Henley from the 2010 collection that was on sale at Steven Alan and it literally was so tight it made me look like I was a member of the Jersey Shore cast, that was a M which is what made me think I would need a large for the 2011 SS Henley, are the fits between the ’10 and the ’11 henleys very different?

bwahahahaha

Reaction score

are the fits between the ’10 and the ’11 henleys very different?

In my opinion no. Just like your previous experience I think that they run one size small, depending on how you like your shirts to fit. Again, I'm a true xs and the s (from both seasons) fit me just fine.

Brinbro

Reaction score
If anyone missed out on the double layer jersey hoodies, Blanc & Noir is selling a blue one on their website for around $110 USD shipped. I'm 100% certain it's the same fabric sourced from Japan, with the inner layer being a perforated jersey, but half the price. They released an amazing heather grey color too but sadly it's not available on their website. Doesn't hurt that it comes with a RiRi teardrop zipper, the best in the business.

corneliusparky

Reaction score
FYI, American rag has a charcoal zip up hoodie in small if an la peep wants. Some fleece shorts and sweatshirts too. 50% off.

dsoren

Reaction score
Oh - and I thought I would share some valuable information about the anti-fits. I was originally hesitant, because the way they are styled on the Roden website makes the drop crotch look super pronounced. It's not that extreme at all. Here's a fit pic:

These are a size 28, and I'm wearing them where I usually wear my pants. They're relaxed but slim down really nicely in the leg and have a killer taper. I just wish they would make them in a slightly longer inseam so I could cuff!

Last edited:

karmaguy

Reaction score

Hahaha, I'm not even going to attempt to take a picture of myself from the rear. Just wanted to put it out there for anyone else who may be wary of the fit. I can tell you that they don't look this low from the back, the RG model must be sagging like crazy...

pancake ass

Brinbro

Reaction score
Eh, look at the positioning of the back pockets, If anything I'd say the model wasn't really sagging them at all. To be honest, the fit of your pants doesn't look good, unless it's the photo, but your crotch looks like it is sagging or is a large void where a crotch would be?

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anywhere I can get anti fit in 28 right now?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads