Wings + Horns S/S 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by bowvalley2000, Jan 1, 2011.

1. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

Looking at the tight chest and short length, I bet a medium would look way better in both. I have a couple of these tee's in XL and they are freaking long, like a rick tee with a little workwear detail, and I'm 6'2". I've been looking for long tee's, but these overshot the mark a little. Fit great in the chest and shoulders though.

2. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

I am looking for a W+H hoodie and want to know what size would be best for me. I am 6'4 with a 40' chest, looking for something at least 25' long. Would I be a M or L?

3. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

Look at havenshop for measurements, but probably a large, maybe even XL.

4. twdawson

twdawson Senior member

Any stores / Anyone here have the W+H Corded Cloth Navy in a Sz 30 or 31? Picked these up earlier in the wrong size. Managed to sell them / cut my losses...but the fabric is just so amazing!

[ Apologies if this is an inappropriate post for the thread--gotta stay in the hunt [​IMG] ]

The Corded Navy pants are awesome, but God damn do they attract a lot of dirt/dust/hair. They're really hard to clean off and maintain.

--That sounds awful--you should get rid of them ASAP!!! (cough cough:: sz 30 31 ? :: cough cough)

But yeah, my W+H moleskin utility pants are equally dirt/dust/hair magnetic; definitely worth it though...

5. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Senior member

Haha, nah, they're a size 28 and besides the fact that they like getting dirty, I do love them. Do W+H rub all their pants on a rug for a week before selling them for some super awesome broken-in effect? Because that's something they'd do.

6. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

--That sounds awful--you should get rid of them ASAP!!! (cough cough:: sz 30 31 ? :: cough cough)

I have a pair of 30's coming in Navy which I intend to get altered (should be a 28). If I think they won't alter correctly I'll shoot you a PM...

7. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

^they dont make a 28? or you just couldnt find one?

8. twdawson

twdawson Senior member

I have a pair of 30's coming in Navy which I intend to get altered (should be a 28). If I think they won't alter correctly I'll shoot you a PM...

Oh wow...the power of the internet!

As far as i know the waist on the 30s is actually 32...so altering that 4 inches to a 28 could be awkward; though aren't most pants made to allow some adjustment at the waist? ( i'm actually a true 30" and would want to take them in 2" anyway...)

I hope they work out for you though; but yeah if for some reason they don't i'll definitely be interested.

9. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

^they dont make a 28? or you just couldnt find one?

They do make them in a 28, but I could never find them. I've had a really tough time getting them actually...some weird occurrences (0). eBay deals gone bad. Had them in a 28 on black friday at one of my favorite stockist. that night all their packages awaiting shipment were "stolen", including my cords (they sent me moar moleskins instead [​IMG] ). But I finally saw a pair recently on B&S in a thirty with a nice responsive seller and a fair price, so I just got those. I have to get an inch taken off the inseam anyway. The thigh in the 30 will be a little fuller which will be nice considering the vast majority of my fit critiques are my clinging pants -- and these cords are reaal slim when worn in your true fitting (ie no belt required) waist size..

Oh wow...the power of the internet!

As far as i know the waist on the 30s is actually 32...so altering that 4 inches to a 28 could be awkward; though aren't most pants made to allow some adjustment at the waist? ( i'm actually a true 30" and would want to take them in 2" anyway...)

I hope they work out for you though; but yeah if for some reason they don't i'll definitely be interested.

np man. i hope they work too but i'll let you know if otherwise..

i did also read recently the 30 measures out to a 32", which down to a 28", would be a lot of displaced fabric...

10. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

Uggh couldn't find the time to make it to the bank today and slept on Stack Side's listing.

Anyone else have the blue/cream brushed plaid shirt they would want to sell? sz S or M. Please OM me.

11. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

Uggh couldn't find the time to make it to the bank today and slept on Stack Side's listing.

Anyone else have the blue/cream brushed plaid shirt they would want to sell? sz S or M. Please OM me.

theres another dude selling the blue/cream in size small bnwt but hes asking for a bit more ... like 160. pm him and maybe he will negotiate

sorry i took slacks [​IMG]

12. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

Damn-duh-damn-damn! Well thanks for filling me in. I'll try go through the B&S and find it.

BTW, is this plaid wearable through spring? Or is it a heavy winter flannel?

13. Aries83

Aries83 Senior member

I am looking for a W+H hoodie and want to know what size would be best for me. I am 6'4 with a 40' chest, looking for something at least 25' long. Would I be a M or L?

I am 6'2 with a 40 chest and I bought an L, which fits perfect. An XL if you want to layer though, or maybe with your extra height it might be a bit longer on the body for you.

14. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

The only hoodie I have from W+H is a loop terry hoodie from FW10, I am about the same size as you and took a Large. XL was too big through the body for me, and L worked out in length because the loop terry is stretchy.

Does anyone know if the SS11 "large loop terry" hoodies fit the same as the FW10 "loop terry"? Been eyeing some of the different colors this season.

15. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

they should fit the same, but the Large Loop Terry is super stretchy, so you may want to size down for a slimmer fit.

just an opinion, best to try on or wait for others who have them.