• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns S/S 2010

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wings+Horns does better with FW than with SS. They reference "Canadiana", and I can tell you that there are 3 months of summer, compared to a good 6 months of winter. Even in late May, where I come from, you can expect to wear a pretty decent jacket. I can tell you from experience that sometimes stuff doesn't come out the same in production the way it ought to, for whatever reasons, and this tends to be more pronounced with outerwear than anything else. The samples are usually immaculate, but in production, sometimes things just aren't as well executed. For example, I would really like to buy the FW09 MK2 samples, which fit great, compared to the boxier, more awkward finished product. That said, the line is really a standout at its pricepoint. For example, from the FW09 collection, the diamond knit henley, selling at $120, is better than most other $150-$250 pullovers on the market. And the shawl collar chambray vest, selling at $288, is comparable in construction quality to much more expensive vests from European companies like Allegri, and is certainly comparable than its higher priced American counterparts, like the similar vest by Rag+Bone (which is about double the price).

I look to Wings+Horns for interesting basics+. It's not going to be Dries van Noten, but I don't think that it aspires to that either. I think that the brand will have really arrived when they have worked all the kinks out of their production runs.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wings + horns actually did a lookbook for this collection. I'll see if I can post photos.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
guy is ugly, especially with those huge glasses...

but suited for the (ugly) clothes he was wearing, is that what w+h was getting at?

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not sure if it's a S/S 2010 piece but the W+H x Nom de Guerre flight hoodie that i saw at Opening Ceremony today was just off the charts.

-Jeff

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why in the **** is everything made of god damn chambray

chambray sucks

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lookbook shots do way more justice than the shots of the clothes not heir own. shows promise

Ry'on

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Wings+Horns had nothing to do with the look book. It was done by some fellows in the UK, not the actual brand.

Agree with LA Guy on those points though, that's about it.

Gingahbman

Reaction score
I personally like the SS10 collection. I agree that FW09 looked better, but there are still a few nice pieces to be picked up here.

I personally am eying the polos (hope they aren't too short though) and the full zip chambray hoodie. However, I am curious to know how the fitting is this spring. For SS09 I purchased the MK2 and the arms were WAY too tight. I could barely even bend over to tie my shoe without worrying that the jacket would rip.

Gmas

Reaction score
This probably goes in F/W but figured this thread gets more traffic these days.

If anyone is a size 34 waist, they have one pair of the W+H chinos from F/W in navy left at Nomad in Toronto - 70% off. I think the price was $210 which makes them about $65 CDN.

Great deal for anyone in this size. This was as of about 45 mins ago.

Just figured I'd give a heads up here.

thomasec

Reaction score
Can someone helping me on sizing with the Tiger Fleece hoodie?

I'm 5"10 and 155lbs, and I'm a pretty TTS small.

What size would I be in the different cuts?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads