• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns - - - Fall / Winter 2013

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn. I was hoping to get the cowichan vest. Was gonna order from the site but got lazy (plus I feel stupid paying for shipping when I live 5 minutes from the item's physical location).

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you guys sure it just hasn't been updated with stock yet?

Sometimes I notice they say sold out when first released.
Then they have stock a while later.
Well

I'm not sure of anything anymore.

Yeah, camel jacket is pretty nice, pockets could be fixed by... moving the buttons?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree with all of you guys saying prices are a little nuts right now.
I've been waiting for the moc coat since the look book a few months ago. Once the varsity came out at $880 I figured the coat would be around the same price. I also have a 35% off coupon and even with that It's a $600+ coat. And the pockets look real awkward on the new shots but when you look at the lookbook and consider the 100% wool it seems like those pockets would settle with some wear. But ****, that price.

Mehmet Korkmaz

Reaction score
It's actually not 100% wool, it's 90/10 wool/nylon. At the old price point, that wasn't too bad, considering the W+H cuts are very good.

I think pockets could just be fixed by tucking in the flaps. At any rate, it's sold out of every size except XL in the camel colour :/ Makes me sad that, because it means we'll prolly keep seeing these prince increases, year after year, until the retail-price purchases level out.

CanuckBassist

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, it was already $880-900 two seasons ago when I picked it up in heather grey. I can't remember the exact price. It's still my favourite piece of outerwear.

The pocket flaps should flatten over time. The fabric doesn't look significantly thicker than mine, and my pocket flaps are fine.

Raindrop

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree with all of you guys saying prices are a little nuts right now.
I've been waiting for the moc coat since the look book a few months ago. Once the varsity came out at $880 I figured the coat would be around the same price. I also have a 35% off coupon and even with that It's a $600+ coat. And the pockets look real awkward on the new shots but when you look at the lookbook and consider the 100% wool it seems like those pockets would settle with some wear. But ****, that price.

Their retail prices are actually more than fair for the quality and cut they produce. Compare to established designer brand names who would probably charge like $1200-1500+ for the exact same coat.

There are plenty people who will buy out their stuff as their exposure increases every year. W+H was only cheap in the beginning because they were a new brand. Quality has roughly been the same but demand clearly hasn't so prices go up, similar to Common Projects. Same **** every year.

INC 1k MAC COAT F/W 2014

Last edited:

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They won't be around at 50% off. They're already almost sold out.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Checked out the retail store. It's nice, people are cool.

All prices are at retail. I'll pick up a Henley and maybe a sweater from Reigning Champ- too expensive otherwise.
No real outwear yet.

Too many employees there though. Unless some of them are working out of the office there.

pl0nky

Reaction score
Can someone tell me about their raw denim please. I've been trying to find info on the sizing online without much luck. Thanks.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the office is in the same building.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The office is literally behind the divider. You can see it through the cracks.

Really cool space IMO :slayer:

wizzeak

Reaction score
I think a retail store is gonna make a ton of money in Vancouver, especially from new customers who may never have heard of them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads