1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wings + Horns - - - Fall / Winter 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Dbear, Apr 19, 2013.

1. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Damn. I was hoping to get the cowichan vest. Was gonna order from the site but got lazy (plus I feel stupid paying for shipping when I live 5 minutes from the item's physical location).

2. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

Well

I'm not sure of anything anymore.

Yeah, camel jacket is pretty nice, pockets could be fixed by... moving the buttons?

3. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

I agree with all of you guys saying prices are a little nuts right now.
    I've been waiting for the moc coat since the look book a few months ago. Once the varsity came out at $880 I figured the coat would be around the same price. I also have a 35% off coupon and even with that It's a $600+ coat. And the pockets look real awkward on the new shots but when you look at the lookbook and consider the 100% wool it seems like those pockets would settle with some wear. But shit, that price.

4. Mehmet Korkmaz

Mehmet Korkmaz Senior member

It's actually not 100% wool, it's 90/10 wool/nylon. At the old price point, that wasn't too bad, considering the W+H cuts are very good.

I think pockets could just be fixed by tucking in the flaps. At any rate, it's sold out of every size except XL in the camel colour :/ Makes me sad that, because it means we'll prolly keep seeing these prince increases, year after year, until the retail-price purchases level out.

5. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Senior member

If I remember correctly, it was already $880-900 two seasons ago when I picked it up in heather grey. I can't remember the exact price. It's still my favourite piece of outerwear.

The pocket flaps should flatten over time. The fabric doesn't look significantly thicker than mine, and my pocket flaps are fine.

6. MonsieurLock

MonsieurLock Senior member

7. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

Their retail prices are actually more than fair for the quality and cut they produce. Compare to established designer brand names who would probably charge like $1200-1500+ for the exact same coat.

There are plenty people who will buy out their stuff as their exposure increases every year. W+H was only cheap in the beginning because they were a new brand. Quality has roughly been the same but demand clearly hasn't so prices go up, similar to Common Projects. Same shit every year.

INC 1k MAC COAT F/W 2014

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  8. sungmineyo

sungmineyo Senior member

Good looking coat. But price is disgusting. I believe I can do better at 1k price point (retail + HST). Maybe i will kop @ 50%

9. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

They won't be around at 50% off. They're already almost sold out.

10. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

Wanted one so bad.

11. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

Checked out the retail store. It's nice, people are cool.

All prices are at retail. I'll pick up a Henley and maybe a sweater from Reigning Champ- too expensive otherwise.
    No real outwear yet.

Too many employees there though. Unless some of them are working out of the office there.

12. pl0nky

pl0nky Senior member

Can someone tell me about their raw denim please. I've been trying to find info on the sizing online without much luck. Thanks.

13. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

I'm pretty sure the office is in the same building.

14. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

The office is literally behind the divider. You can see it through the cracks.

Really cool space IMO :slayer:

15. wizzeak

wizzeak Senior member

I think a retail store is gonna make a ton of money in Vancouver, especially from new customers who may never have heard of them.

16. MonsieurLock

MonsieurLock Senior member

Any photos up of the store?

17. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

Yeah, the sample sale was there last year. Sort of an obscure location, but probably has a low overhead cost. Roden Gray's stock has been pretty shitty lately, so hopefully these guys hold up the load... and maybe pull stuff for the "heavily invested return customers".

18. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

Photos from the Wings & Horns facebook page:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. superego

superego Senior member

space looks nice

$1000 topcoats are starting to make sense now.

20. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Gdl's offering hand made rain coats for less than that. Not to mention MMM/Dries etc. type stuff on sale hits around $1000.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013