• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns - - - Fall / Winter 2013

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the thoughtful comments, all. Been a crappy experience but I've learned some lessons, met many great people, and have gained some new perspective. Not to suggest I didn't before, but it has provided me such an increased amount of empathy and compassion for those who have been injured or suffer from handicaps. I am just fortunate to have such a great level of help and support from my wife and family.... it makes me feel so bad for those who aren't as lucky, and for people who don't have assistance in navigating administrative processes/health insurance/surgical options/etc, which can be so extremely complex and overwhelming. For my second surgery I got a trip to NYC out of it (Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan), so it was really cool to be in New York over Christmas time (regardless of the circumstances).

And if anyone is curious.... it was on a skateboard :thumbs-up:.I was an okay skateboarder in my teens and early twenties but probably didn't have any business picking it back up at my age now (don't want to be discouraging as I know there are plenty of skateboarders on the forum).

Notwithit, getting out into DC in January could be a little ambitious, but who knows! I will check the thread and thanks for the heads up.

Arnold Grape

Reaction score
Picked up on this and wanted to chime in: got hit by a car a few years ago and broke both legs, in many places. Sounds like you're doing the right things, and staying strong. Def gives a new and profound respect for caretakers and family members. Stay upbeat and get to the other side of the healing process. Do what physical therapists tell you, and you will emerge. (And get back in yr clothez.) -Wish you well again.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

I appreciate the thoughtful comments, all. Been a crappy experience but I've learned some lessons, met many great people, and have gained some new perspective. Not to suggest I didn't before, but it has provided me such an increased amount of empathy and compassion for those who have been injured or suffer from handicaps. I am just fortunate to have such a great level of help and support from my wife and family.... it makes me feel so bad for those who aren't as lucky, and for people who don't have assistance in navigating administrative processes/health insurance/surgical options/etc, which can be so extremely complex and overwhelming. For my second surgery I got a trip to NYC out of it (Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan), so it was really cool to be in New York over Christmas time (regardless of the circumstances).

And if anyone is curious.... it was on a skateboard :thumbs-up:.I was an okay skateboarder in my teens and early twenties but probably didn't have any business picking it back up at my age now (don't want to be discouraging as I know there are plenty of skateboarders on the forum).

Notwithit, getting out into DC in January could be a little ambitious, but who knows! I will check the thread and thanks for the heads up.

Here's the link: http://www.styleforum.net/t/371655/washington-dc-sf-holiday-party-tuesday-december-10/

Don't be deceived by the URL; it was postponed due to inclement weather.

pasteurisation

Reaction score
I need your advices regarding the quality as I've never owned W+H products. This sweater is being sold at $135(retailed for $440). Is it a good deal?

pasteurisation

Reaction score
Internet is sometimes a terrible thing. The sweater is now gone.
frown.gif
Hope I can find something better in near future...Thanks for your advice though.

MonsieurLock

Reaction score
WH isn't only famous for their sweat items. You're not going to find a hand knit sweater of that quality for that price right now (70% off!!!!!), especially if they have multiple sizes. If you're basing your purchase on there being other sweaters from other brands as well, then I guess it depends on what would work for you. If I knew where you were getting it from, I would probably pick it up immediately, only because their cowichan sweaters from Fall/Winter 2012 didn't even go that low (and I was directed to one still available last week by someone on here). It's a good deal mainly because its one of the best items from this season besides the camel mac coat, and a few others.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's a good deal mainly because its one of the best items from this season besides the camel mac coat, and a few others.

Which raises a good question - what did everything think was the best items this season? Personally, I am super happy with my varsity, fishtail, and cotton wool denim pants.

edit: Regarding the cowichan, I would probably pick it up for $150 - $200 but not much more than that. I don't find the fit to be particularly flattering to be honest (but that's just my opinion).

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads