1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wings + Horns - - - Fall / Winter 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Dbear, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Hahaha sorry. I'll stop blowin da spots.

2. johnny1202

johnny1202 Well-Known Member

How do their shirts fit? Looking to get the engineered blocked shirt. There's a small size available, but I'm XS in most brands.

3. mp906

mp906 Senior member

Slim with very narrow shoulders

4. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Digging this:

[​IMG]

And this:

[​IMG]

At 70% off of course.

:nodding:

5. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Senior member

Is second available in XL?? PM link if so?? :)

6. Distorbiant

W+H shirts aren't slim at all, goddamn.

I got one of their solid oxfords in today. Great fit on the shoulders and sleeves but the thing is incredibly long. Like, down past my crotch, covering my ass long, and I'm 6'0. Its also incredibly roomy in the lower body area. This shirt feels like it was made for someone 6'3 and 225 lbs.

Think a tailor could fix this shirt up for me?

7. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Senior member

I'm 6'2" 245 and wear XL's comfortably. If it's an XL hit me up if you decide to sell, but that is something a tailor should be able to fix (though if you shorten the hem it will creep up to the bottom button and look wierd).

You'd probably like the fit of the newer (last year and forward) Gant huggers. The one I have for sale in my sig is way too tapered in the body for me, but probably has about .5" more room in the chest than my W+H shirts.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  8. Distorbiant

Will do.

I got two shirts, an Oxblood Plaid shirt and an Oxblood Oxford shirt It's incredibly hard to find a good oxblood OCBD so I'm pretty partial to keeping it at this point, but if I can't get it tailored at a reasonable price I'll let you know. [​IMG]

9. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Senior member

Sounds good. The oxblood is definitely a great color, would be glad to add one to my arsenal :slayer:

10. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Are you talking about the zip up/button up flannel? If you are, it is actually supposed to be oversized, it's the only "shirting" I own from them and fits me pretty well at 6'2", 205. It is slightly longer and roomier in the middle though, but it seems like it is supposed to be as it's an overshirt/CPO type of deal. The mac coat fits me the same way (roomy in the waist but real snug in the back/chest/shoulders.

11. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

The flannel is meant to be oversized. Like very oversized.

12. Distorbiant

No, I'm talking about the button down, though I do know the shirt jacket you're talking about. It's a nice piece.

http://shop.wingsandhorns.com/products/long-sleeve-plaid-stripe-colourblocked-shirt-oxblood

This is the one I'm talking about. Though the one I have has no button down collar and the colorblock effect is very subtle in comparison to the photos. I don't think many stockists carried this shirt. It's not a flannel at all.

13. Distorbiant

I'm looking for the Base Henley in oxblood XL if anyone sees any [​IMG]

14. Rommel

Rommel Senior member

FYI, I recently got a couple of button down oxfords tailored. They were too long and there was too much room in the body. I got them taken in at the sides (tapering and flaring slightly) and hemmed up a little bit, the tailor was well aware of not taking off too much length and did so based on the bottom button. Also, the tailor maintained the subtle hem line as I advised that I would only be wearing them untucked. I was extremely satisfied with the tailoring and finishing, the seams and thread are perfectly matched up and there's no way one could even tell they were tailored. It was expensive but worth it in my opinion, $40 per shirt.

I also feel that W+H shirts are slim in the arms but in the body they're more of a regular fit.

15. Distorbiant

@Rommel thanks for sharing. I agree with your assessment of the sizing. Hopefully I can find a good tailor that will do the same for me. I think I need about 2-3 inches off the length which concerns me a bit. I really like the construction of the shirt along the hem. I just hope the tailor can follow the same shape so it wears well untucked.

16. OccultaVexillum

Did anybody cop that Merino Knit Blazer from FW?
    If I'm in XL in the mac coat, safe to say XL in the blazers too?

17. Rommel

Rommel Senior member

probably best to try on one of their blazers first. I wear a Large in all W+H tops - shirts, polos, sweaters, jackets...but last time I tried on one of their blazers I couldn't get a proper fit...too slim in the shoulders and arms or way too long in the body and arms...

18. OccultaVexillum

Yeh, I'm nowhere near a stockist. But Gentry have a pretty big discount on the blazer right now in L and XL.

19. Distorbiant

How do you like it

20. Distorbiant

Some 70% off items on Gentry.

Oxblood Chinos for $65!