1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wings + Horns - - - Fall / Winter 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Dbear, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Mehmet Korkmaz

Mehmet Korkmaz Senior member

The Camel Coat looks like it could use some waist suppression; it's quite boxy through the abdomen. Maybe it's just me, though.

I hear the W+H raw denim doesn't shrink or stretch much. It's just the regular 13.5oz Cone Mills Selvedge that a lot of brands use at that price point.

2. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

That's just how the coat is cut and that's the exact reason why I passed. Didn't make sense tailoring a coat that almost cost $1,000. Maybe if I can find one on sale I'll pull the trigger.

3. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Well, in those photo's I had the bottom two buttons undone, so that probably accounts for any flair. I also don't think of "boxy" as "bad" necessarily, when its done intentionally and done right it's still dope, like this seasons Uni's varsity jackets - boxy but in a good way.

And I picked up the mac coat, tweed chino's and another pair of 5-pockets for ~$900 Canadian, shipped to the US, so I'm not mad.
    For whatever reason, W+H routinely screw up my orders so I always tend to get discount codes for my troubles. This is actually the first order they've got right for me. With the way it's been going though I don't mind if they screw up if they keep giving me coupons haha.

4. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Thoughts on the tweed chinos? I'm considering the bush pants myself.

5. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

They are awesome in terms of fabric and feel, just not sure why the waist seems a size bigger than usual. Thinking maybe they size them this way because they expect shrinkage in the wash or something.
    I mean, it's not so big that I'd return them, but they're definitely bigger than the reg chinos.

6. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Groovy. Roden has em for 20% off but I don't want to pay more than $150 for them. I'm also hoping the W+H webstore marks down their stuff pretty soon.

7. MonsieurLock

MonsieurLock Senior member

Can anyone tell me how the vintage fleece zip hoodies run compared to the large loop hoodie from FW12? I had a medium that was 21" pit to pit, now I'm looking at the measurements for the vintage fleece on the site…. a large isn't even 21" pit to pit. Can anyone confirm if the sizing is true to measurements on WH site? Thanks!

Also, anyone that knows of any other sales going on this weekend/week/black friday weekend that stock WH send me a PM. I'm trying to wait out buying a few WH items until some sales pop up.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  8. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

Yeah I grabbed the charcoal tweeds a while ago. People thought I was wearing sweatpants but they're pretty awesome. Def size down.

9. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

The Plaid Parka dropped!

Not really feeling the up close picture and product description though..it's essentially just a shell.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  10. MonsieurLock

Yeah, I noticed that too. Kind of sucks, but if it was lined it would probably be $8-900. Hoping it goes on sale 20-30% and I can get a vest or one of the fleece hoodies to use as a liner.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  11. Mehmet Korkmaz

12. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Damn good deal on the cowichan. $60 to ship to Canada though :brick:

13. Mehmet Korkmaz

Yeah, it's a little ironic that it's easier to find deals on W+H in the states than it is up here. SSENSE has the cowichan vest and some other stuff for 30% off.

14. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

No shit. If the retail store would do 30% off today I would walk out of there with at least $1,000 worth of stuff. Oh well.

15. MonsieurLock

Does anyone know if WH site is going to be doing anything for black friday? It seems I know about every other sale going on except for the stores I actually want something from.

16. Mehmet Korkmaz

Last year, they sent out a 20% off coupon code to email subscribers. It was only live for about 48 hours, iirc, ending midnight on Cyber Monday.

17. MonsieurLock

Just picked up the parka and quilt vest on sale at 25% off. Hopefully the sizes are correct. I'll let everyone know how it is warmth wise.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was on the fence with either ^ both of those items, or picking up a thick wool duffle coat/mac coat, because I'm trying to stay warm this winter.I'm hoping this will do just fine for Boston area this winter ^, but I'm wondering if I should pull the thrigger on either of these two... to add extra layer of warmth...

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

For those interested Acrimony is doing 30% off right now on WH

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  18. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Parka from where?

19. MonsieurLock

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  20. Mehmet Korkmaz

Has anyone handled the new heavyweight slub terry hoodies? Are they heavier than the SS13/FW12 tiger terry/large loop hoodies?