• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wings+horns F/W 2012

Royal42

Reaction score
Not sure if they were from this season, but is it still possible to get the all-black suede hi's somewhere?

Hype1234

Reaction score
Probably not. I think four horsemen had a pair of 40s left last time I checked like two weeks ago.
On another note, black suede low tops are on Memes NYC for around $190 after the extra 30% off code. Some other wings items on sale as well.

Sym

Reaction score
Any reviews of the MA-1? Fit, quality, warmth?

Roxstar

Reaction score
i have the ma-1 in charcoal size XS for sale if anyone is interested, pm for more info

ipractice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks pretty good, significantly less puffy than I thought.

Still not feeling the shawl neck tho.

willrh1

Reaction score
Anybody know of any places with f/w tiger fleece hoodies in stock?

VJAYEYE

Reaction score
Roxstar jacket looks good. I got the a-2 but I want that one yoo

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wing and horns is now available on Bloomingdales.com and I'm guessing in store too.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I don't know, Bloomingdales is weird, maybe if you live in NY or LA. Depends on the store. I know the Bloomingdales in Chicago is the absolute worst for mens.

Anyway, all they have is that overpriced faded denim jacket. Glad I picked one up from EG this fall that was much nicer and on sale nonetheless.

Nordstrom is weird like that too - they list Band of Outsiders on their site, but the LA store doesn't carry it (which you would assume would be the store to carry that sort of brand).

thenewjs

Reaction score
I don't know, Bloomingdales is weird, maybe if you live in NY or LA. Depends on the store. I know the Bloomingdales in Chicago is the absolute worst for mens.

Anyway, all they have is that overpriced faded denim jacket. Glad I picked one up from EG this fall that was much nicer and on sale nonetheless.

Nordstrom is weird like that too - they list Band of Outsiders on their site, but the LA store doesn't carry it (which you would assume would be the store to carry that sort of brand).
I know Nordstroms usually introduces their stuff in phases. THey will test it on the site, then they will go region by region, then store by store. Stores will get One initial shipment and if they sell they will get more. Some items seem to get a longer stay, i guess its the arrangement they have with distributors.

misterjuiceman

Reaction score

My thoughts exactly. Strange seeing it there. Definitely would go with a well-known denim brand for a jacket, and one who can do much better washes.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$500 for a denim jacket? LMAO.

It's really sad though - W+H used to be my favorite clothing line hands down and I think only picked up 1 piece last season. It's a shame to see the direction they're headed...

jiggy0

Reaction score
$500 for a denim jacket? LMAO.

It's really sad though - W+H used to be my favorite clothing line hands down and I think only picked up 1 piece last season. It's a shame to see the direction they're headed...

I think that for the quality of their product, wings is at the point where they have the same right as many high-end manufacturers to put on heavy price tags. I'd prefer they continue to make nice stuff (even if I have to wait for it to go on sale), rather than outsource or degrade their quality like APC or Rag and Bone have just to satisfy the mainstream consumer.

Gotta pay to play bawlin. You should know this, you have a Rolex as your avatar.

ipractice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's hard to buy anything from W+H when I know if I wait til the end of the season prices get slashed 30-50%, with a good amount of stock and sizing left too.

Last edited:

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
It's hard to buy anything from W+H when I know if I wait til the end of the season prices get slashed 30-50%, with a good amount of stock and sizing left too.
Even for items that are worth the full price, it just doesn't sit right knowing it'll be on sale. It's crazy, but I have less problems paying even more sometimes for something from other brands that I know will never be on sale.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads