1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

wings+horns F/W 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by misterjuiceman, Jun 4, 2012.

1. habitant

habitant Senior member

I think wh pants are all good. I think I have 15 pair. All their other stuff is meh.

2. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

I think the FW12 camo bush pants are one of the best pieces to come out of wings+horns. That and the the FW11 tiger fleece. The basics this season--the cotton cashmere henleys were pretty nice if on deep discount, and I actually did like the purple henley, but I think besides the bush pants, none of it compelled me to buy at retail this season. I think their SS offerings are usually not as interesting as FW, but I hope FW13 brings back more of the stuff that made them who they are today.

3. jeannoob

jeannoob Senior member

Yeah I agree, I feel that the current w+h stuff has been kind of lazy in their design. There hasn't been any stand-out pieces, and honestly I miss those classic military designs. I for one especially loved that mk2 wool field jacket from 09 and that 25oz mackinaw jacket from 08. They should definitely look into the past and bring something like that back on the table.

4. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

i miss the military pant, wore mine out this winter and wish i could get more

5. irbe

irbe Senior member

Really I don't find it that boxy - you can use the drawstrings on the side make it more fitted. I snagged one this year from yoox as I've been looking for a fishtail (even though its not your traditional fishtail) / trench coat / wax outerwear for awhile. For the price I paid I like the piece. Just enough room to layer a chunky knit underneath and seems to do a pretty good job of keeping out the rain / wind

6. ryosuke

ryosuke Senior member

how much can I sell that grey/black varsity jacket for? I have one in XS and I don't wear it enough to justify keeping it. I hardly see it on B&S either.

7. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

I agree that with all the outerwear they didn't have anything great this year. But the other stuff I got (enzyme fleece moto sweatpants, henleys, colorblock sweatshirt, black camo bush pants, tapered westpoint twill chinos) is all terrific. I agree that the camo bush pants were the must-have of the collection.

8. jeannoob

jeannoob Senior member

I love the fishtail parka. It's been my go-to jacket this winter and to be honest I actually kind of like the boxy fit around the shoulders. The only thing qualm I have is that the bottom seems to flare out, and if I tighten it up with the drawstrings, the bunched up fabric looks weird. Other than that, it's warm, durable, and crafted well :)

9. d0105950

d0105950 New Member

How much did you buy it for? Honestly, I'd be interested in buying it.

10. MonsieurLock

MonsieurLock Senior member

Yeah, I feel I'm more interested in F/W from W+H than I'am their S/S stuff. The FW Large Loop hoodie and tiger fleece are my favorite hoodies, Which I'd take over their S/S Hoodies. Like someone said the sweatpants were great for about 4 months, then they just sagged like a ma fucker! looking like I got a load of doo doo in my pants, and plus I would have to walk with my hands in my pockets, pulling the pockets to the side of my leg, so my junk wasn't outlined so perfectly. LOL. The only thing left to get from this past FW season is the camo jacquard bush pant.

[​IMG]

Has anyone seen any looks coming next FW?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  11. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

better hurry up on those bush pants!

12. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

I'm still rocking that Mackinaw 3 seasons in and 1 more almost done.
    Still looking good...!

13. willrh1

willrh1 Senior member

No more f/w hoodies in medium on their site, anybody know a place that still has some in stock?

14. Sym

Sym Senior member

The MK2 Field Jacket is the only W+H piece I ever regret passing on.

Still rocking my Navy/Brown Varsity with pride and still get a shit ton of compliments on it :thumbs-up:

15. leeba

leeba Senior member

I wish they would just put out a pimped out version of a classic peacoat with nice details (maybe a slightly different classic yet technical collar, tasteful leather trim, flannel/blanket lining, sexy buttons, etc). They can go wild with the pockets or whatever because that seems to be a W+H 'thing' but no ribbed collar or leather sleeves please...

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  16. Hype1234

Hype1234 Senior member

For the size smalls roden gray has an olive Oxford for $50. Get on it.

1 person likes this.
  17. jeannoob

jeannoob Senior member

Just put my order in, hopefully it goes through :)
    Thanks for the heads up!

18. snowboardpunk

snowboardpunk Senior member

the chest is 20 inches? is that true? doesnt sound right...

19. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

Yeah, their oxfords have gained an entire size across the seasons...I have to size down now.

20. jeannoob

jeannoob Senior member

fuck just got an email that shirt is out of stock.
    i be sad now :(