1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

wings+horns F/W 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by misterjuiceman, Jun 4, 2012.

1. 13k

13k Senior member

secrets

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  2. jet

jet Senior member

3. JChance

JChance Senior member

+1, i wanna know the answer as well

is W+H worth kopping at 50% off? Been eyeing that purple oxford for a while now, but not digging the 20 bucks international shipping charge

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  4. superego

superego Senior member

it is as long as you don't intend/need to ship it back. that shit gets pricey. only additional charges I incurred were related to currency exchange (from USD to CAD).

5. JChance

JChance Senior member

whats the conversion rate currently at? looking to spend 103 CAD, how much is that in US after charges?

6. superego

superego Senior member

roughly parity of late

7. Fashion Fan

Fashion Fan Senior member

www.xe.com

8. Slone

Slone Active Member

Just grabbed an ombre knit in brown/white from nomad for $201 after tax. They had a size small and a few of the wool-lined mac coats left

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  9. superego

superego Senior member

what exactly is that metal loop in the pockets (right pocket on my large loop hoodie and left pocket on my tiger fleece sweats) on w+h fleece for? kinda weird, unexplainable detail, imo.

10. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Dring for key chain. Only works if you have something that opens and closes real easily imo

11. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

Get an S-biner from a sports supplies store. Perfect as a little keychain.

12. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Some nice deals. Got the quilted wool shirt for 70% off.

13. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Senior member

Anyone think there will be additional drops on the hoodies? Hoping for 70% off instead of 50%.

14. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

15. Fashion Fan

Anyone know how the hunting sweaters fit? If I'm 180lb 5'11 and a Size 40.5-41 chest do I go with the medium or large? So far I think wool does stretch a bit? (right?) and if anyone knows can you tell me your size in the large loop hoodie and tell me weather you prefer a fitted or baggier type style. Thanks

16. VJAYEYE

VJAYEYE Senior member

I'd go for size large

17. Fashion Fan

Vajayee is this based on your ownership of the hunting sweater? Because I compared the measurements of the hunting sweater to the large loop hoodie and the hoodie size L is 70 cm and the hunting sweater in size M is 70cm which is why I decided to go with the M and the chest width is approx 40 inches.

Anymore opinions would be appreciated.

18. Slone

Slone Active Member

I'd take a medium and expect it to stretch about a half size, maybe more if you hang it. I sized down from my usual small to an xs

19. Fashion Fan

Thanks for your help Slone. I already ordered the medium but felt skeptical about the sizing but the Medium fits perfectly not too loose and not too night. So I can confidently say that the hunting sweater is a sweater that you have to size 1 down on.

On the other hand the new s/s 13 line looks like you have to size up one. The w+h sizing is all over the place so everyone make sure to double check the measurements before purchasing.

Overall the sweater is really thick but the wool feels really rough, is this characteristic of virgin wool and will it become softer over time? Feels like I have to wear a longe sleeve over it just to prevent the slight irritation it gives off.

Lastly does anyone know if the hunting sweaters are made by the cowichan?

20. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

I own a couple W+H ocbd's in size medium, and the fit in the shoulders/chest is spot on. Which is actually pretty hard for me to find, as I have a 41 chest, but relatively narrow shoulders. I assume some other people here are like me in terms of sizing. Are there any other brands with a similar fit I should be looking at?