Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

wings+horns F/W 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by misterjuiceman, Jun 4, 2012.

1. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

DBear- How tall are you?

2. mythage

mythage Senior member

nice fit dbear.

3. superego

superego Senior member

4. likk

likk Active Member

5. likk

likk Active Member

6. msg

msg Senior member

Anyone have any thoughts on the cashmere Henley? Quality? Fit? I'm intrigued by the cashmere, but don't have much experience with W+H. I imagine I could use it as both a layering piece and as a stand alone top.

7. malikadog

malikadog Senior member

So I stumbled across some of the navy camo bush pants in my size, for a little bit off retail. I really can't decide if I wanna pull the trigger on 'em. $200 something is still pretty damn expensive (for me), but they look so damn fly!
    Anyone who has a pair, how often do you wear them? Would you say they're pretty versatile?

8. Gmas

Gmas Senior member

Any chance the spot where you found them has a size 33? I'ver been desperately searching for a size 33 in the navy.

To help answer your question, I have the black already and love the fit on them (hence why I'm looking for a 33 in the navy), however I'm not sure if versatile would be the best way to describe them as in the end, they are camo. If you wanted something more versatile, the same bush pant cut is just starting to show up in shops in the corded cloth material in black, navy, grey and tan. If you do really like the camo, the blacks might be more versatile if you were looking to grab just one of the two colours. Sizes are few and far between in the black right now, but W+H just did another run of them so quite a few shops should be receiving restocks.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012

9. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

I thought they were around $275, so a little bit more than $200. I'm intrigued by them, too, though. Normally I don't really like camo, but this drew me in.

10. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

Thank you for the insight. You know if they are restocking the Camo shirts? I ordered one from a UK site about 2 weeks ago and still waiting mostly due to Hurricane Sandy. Hope it works out but if it doesn't a restock would be nice.

As far as the pants, I need to get me a pair in Black very soon. I'll wait for the restock though, maybe a US site will get them.

11. Gmas

Gmas Senior member

Haven't heard anything regarding the shirts, but I think many spots still have them, where the pants are sold out or lone sizes remaining in most spots.

12. leeba

leeba Senior member

Thinking about copping these, need something other then black/navy on my feet. Will go well with jawnz I'm sure.
    How slim is the overall profile of these? Look slim from the side, but other angles they look sorta chunky?

[​IMG]

Also, TTS? So 9.5 in most nikes/vans/shoes except for boots = 43? or 42?
    Sorry for the questions lol
    Probably going to try and wait for a sale, the ~$400 retail price is a little crazy

13. wizzeak

wizzeak Senior member

^Saw a guy with a pair few months back. I thought they looked pretty slim. Not sure about sizing.

14. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Most likely a 42. Similar to CP, but just marginally (like .5) smaller. I think last year a few shops were recommending people to size down a whole size with bad results... though I believe you should be safe with 42.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/247101/wings-horns-f-w-2011/2655#post_5175897

15. Gmas

Gmas Senior member

I have these and they're not really chunky, but because they're fairly well made, they're not exactly slim either - not as slim as CP Achilles IMO.

I snagged my black pair during sale season for 50% off ($200) last winter. It's a roll of the dice how long you want to wait, but you should be able to get them 20-30% off quite easily.

Also, a 42 should fit you well from the sounds of it. I'm a 10 in most shoes, a 43 in CP Achilles and I grabbed a 43 in these. Plenty of room for me.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012