Wings + Horns F/W 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Dbear, Jun 1, 2011.

1. 13k

13k Senior member

Just got my size 31 raw straights from need supply today. I had originally tried them on at a store locally but they were too big (size 32) on the waist. After trying them on again today, the fit was quite disappointing. I think it was slack that mentioned the extra fabric around the crotch area that makes things look really weird, and it is true for me as well. The ones I tried on were a lot roomier in the thigh through crotch, but these are just pretty damn near painted on with a droopy ass. This season's denim is just not for me I guess. I hope W+H can only improve on their cuts so I can try again :embar: If anyone locally (Los Angeles) wants them hit me up before I package them up for a return.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011

2. 13k

13k Senior member

double post oops

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011

3. Max_Yeah_True

Max_Yeah_True Senior member

^ it sucks eh. they need to be more consistent with their sizing.

question: around what size are the w+h blankets in the sample sale? and are they like the same as the ones im currently seeing on certain online shops?

http://havenshop.ca/collections/wings-horns/products/large-tiger-fleece-blanket

^ like those? just want to compare the quality and then to the price to see how great of a deal this sample sale is. hoping theyre almost just as good quality.. or maybe i dont understand the meaning of sample sale..?

4. ryosuke

ryosuke Senior member

Amen to that. But you know those who don't have work on a Thursday are probably gonna cop all the good stuff and flip it for much more on the B&S after the sample sale. If any Vancouverites are just copping to sell, please leave me all the smalls or XS so I can actually wear them? Please and thanks.

5. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

Theres always going to be somebody who buys $2000 of stuff, and lines up before you. The line ups get worse every year as well, so get there early

6. deem

deem Senior member

As far as I know, the only hoodie with a high neck sold before this season was the W+H X Ace Hotel Hoodie, which is not very likely to be at the sample sale (but you never know).

7. habitant

habitant Senior member

I have that one, way nicer than the regular tiger fleece.. nice heavy weight to it, and super soft.

8. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

PSA

Lyon State is having a 20% off Friends and Family sale starting in like 2 weeks. :slayer:

Their W+H's stockist is kinda slim, but some good items in there.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011

9. racknac

racknac Senior member

^ how do we get to become friends or family? I like the Our Legacy Shield Jacket... wondering if it will be too thin for winters in Chicago.

10. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

i find the w+h denim (i got a pair this season) are the type where if the waist is to big so you wear a belt, it makes the crouch look like a big V (not vagina, the letter V). Mine originally didn't look great on me, but after a couple weeks they look a lot better now for some reason.

11. AtrocityVector

AtrocityVector Active Member

That jacket is a monster. I spent last January in Milwaukee and I feel that it would have been great for that.

12. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Newbie question, how to size hoodies? 35-36" chest. American Apparel S is a touch too slim.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011

13. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Judging from your chest you are probably a small. I have a 37-38" chest, 5'10", 145 lbs. I take a medium in the tiger fleece hoodies. The small is too high on me and a bit too tight. However, I take a small in every other W+H top. (sweater, henley, tee, BD, flannel zip). I took a small in the large loop terry hoody from spring but only because it fit too loosely in medium (less tight weave). I feel like the hoodies, especially tiger fleece, generally run smaller than some other items. Some other might disagree with me.

If I had bought it in a small it would have been too high for my frame and I wouldn't have been able to layer anything more than a tee under it. The medium actually fits me perfectly for my build, besides maybe that I like to cuff the arms. (I also know a lot of people end up doing the same).

14. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Thanks! I'll give the small a shot. The 19" p2p doesn't worry me if it doesn't taper too much at the waist. (Which is why the AA small and Uniqlo XS are too slim for me.)

15. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

im a 36 chest and like 5'7. i take small in everthing w+h. i think it fits well in chest but i feel like EVERYTHING from W+H is slightly short and im not even tall. but i guess its intentional but i just like my things to fit slightly longer, but i get over it lol