Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Wings + Horns F/W 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Dbear, Jun 1, 2011.

1. jslade

jslade Senior member

Bomber looks damn great on you, Feji. I'm going to pick one up when it hits sales if I can find one in my size.

2. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

what size are you? i remember last year i found most stuff i wanted by the time the 30-40 sales started, 50-60 off made it harder

3. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Senior member

I have a feeling most bomber sizes will be gone by the time sales start. I'd say 20% off is a good time to snab one.

4. jslade

jslade Senior member

I'm a size medium in W+H. It's strange, though. Some of the stuff -- for example, the terry sweatshirt that I have for sale - fits me too large. I'm a 39" chest and 17.5" shoulders and I find that the medium is too big on me. Is that normal? Or is the terry sweatshirt just supposed to fit on the larger side? It's definitely not a slim fit on me.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011

5. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

great price on the shirt by the way, i dont know if they are supposed to fit large but i have a terry hoody and it does fit large, to me its something i wear more with sweats when i go write an exam (which i did tonight actually). could be way off because i cant remember how similar the crew is to the hoody

6. 97laxlude

97laxlude Senior member

I have that same problem with their sizing. To be honest W+H's sizes weird on a lot of stuff which is why these threads are so active. My terry hoody is a large and fit's how you described. I might try a medium next time but fear the length will be too short. I wear their button downs in a medium if I want the right slim fit but the length feels about a inch too short. I have last seasons down coat and that's an XL.

7. jslade

jslade Senior member

Yeah, I think I'm going to take the terry sweatshirt off of sale and just rock it as a study-day sweater. The sizing is really weird. I've also found that the arm is very baggy - I think my J. Crew sweaters fit slimmer in the arms than the terry sweatshirt. Again, maybe it's just meant to fit larger and more loose than their other offerings, but if I wanted something looser, I wouldn't be buying W+H. :eek:

Bomber is seriously awesome, though. I wonder how it'd hold up after a few winters of hard wear.

8. Feji

Feji Senior member

I think it's just different fabrics, reacting differently on the looms and such. The flannel lined oxfords from this fall definitely feel a little larger than the spring/summer oxfords, and its even a little larger than the egyptian chambray shirt form this fall also.

Could also be compounded by the off chance the W+H designers wanted the terry cloth sweat pieces to be a little less slim fitting also, so they get cut a little larger in addition to the fabric reacting differently.

Edit: The flannel lined oxford is maybe 1/8" longer in all measurements than the egyptian chambray, using my non scientific method of laying one on top of the other.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011

9. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Senior member

Holy shit, just got the bomber in and it's incredible. I was surprised at how waxy and tough the outside is, but you can definitely tell that its high quality and will last for some time.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011

10. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

How are all of you rich bitches :(

I can't afford half this shit!

11. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Senior member

I'm far from rich, but I don't spend money on anything else besides living expenses. This season is killing my wallet though.

12. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

I hear ya.

Rent's coming up!

13. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

For all you fellow broke-asses.

During sale season, I found that UK retailers have the best selection during the 50% phase.

14. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Now that SF knows, say goodbye to that.

15. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Senior member

Errrr, he mean't US guys! :embar: