Wings + Horns F/W 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Dbear, Jun 1, 2011.

1. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Can someone please find me the tube scarf in heather gray? Thanks in advance.

2. MORTAR

MORTAR Brand Representative

delete

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011

3. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Can someone in Seattle or SF (Acrimony) do a proxy for me? You will get some consideration from me when sample sale time rolls around.

Let me know - thanks!

4. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

selling brushed plaid that i got graciously from our resident slack_tide

cheers

5. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011

6. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

They are calling it a "pullover." I wonder. I don't really see the sense in making a faux cardigan pullover. Really limits the wear of it. I'm sort of interested in it, but only if I can actually button it.

7. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

fuck yea they got the raw slims in with a ton of sizes! I know ssense puts out 25% off coupons out pretty regularly, do you guys know when usually?

Edit: Shit, I was thinking of another online retailer. How often does ssense put out coupons?

8. 89andy

89andy Senior member

hows the bomber fitting for you guys? Kinda wanna try a small but don't know if the length will be good for someone 5'10

9. Mossy

Mossy Senior member

no buttons.

10. dsoren

dsoren Senior member

11. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

I don't see the point of constructing something like a cardigan that doesn't have buttons, a zipper, or some sort of closure system. Maybe that's why almost no retailers picked it up.

12. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Welp, took a chance and got the one year wash straights. After a good amount of deliberation and standing on the side of the bed trying to look in the mirror, I'm going to return them. Don't want to offend anyone who does own and like them - these were just the notes I took before repackaging. What it really came down to was the fit, unfortunately. I went true to size in a 29. As per sizes posted on stockists sites, the back waistband measured exactly fifteen inches, the inseam exactly thirty four. Waist was totally fine. However there was too much fabric in the top half for my liking. It caused the jeans to kind of cave in around the crotch, similar to a lot of the fit pics on the web. Also pretty baggy in the butt. I swear the back pockets were kind of undersized, too. The buttons oddly felt oversized for the button holes. Hardware felt a little slight all around. The overlock stitching on the inside that you can see if you cuff your jeans was black thread and looked kinda cheap. The 13.5oz denim was maybe a tad lighter than expected. Distressing and wash were boring to me. And I really wanted a nice, supple black leather patch on the back of the jeans. I was even a little let down by that. It wasn't as nice as I'd hoped. In fact, if it was, I may have kept them...I hate returning shit.

I think these particular models would be great for a bigger guy with a decent sized butt (nh), and come the first round of sales. Don't get down on them too much based on this review. I think they'll have plenty of redeeming qualities for the right wearer. If I was gonna do it again I'd try the slim bleached as I think based on the fit of the straights I could do the slims. May do that later in the season. Hope w+h keep doing the denim and works to improve the fit (cough, just tighten the waist and model them after the '10 corded cloths).

edit; this review reads much harsher than my actual feelings about the jeans. I think I'm just disappointed they didnt fit as perfect as I'd hoped. And I do think I'm going to give the slim bleached a shot

13. Max_Yeah_True

Max_Yeah_True Senior member

too bad man

this is making me reconsider getting them in another size. honestly, screw it. im just going to get apc or something and work on that. ill only need 1 pair of jeans that way anyways. as for w+h, they can only improve. the fit really is awkward, and they need to improve on it, but from what i saw when i had them, the bleached out wash was pretty spot on. i can wait. id rather save money for shoes or outerwear anyways. good luck to you

edit: let me tell you: for the pair i had, it was 18" around the waist, right, but around the legs it was pretty tight. sec, i have pics.. some of my happy trail is peeking out so click them at your own risk. remember, these are big on me lol.

http://cdn.styleforum.net/c/c9/350x263px-LL-c96d6adf_CIMG6779.jpeg
    http://cdn.styleforum.net/1/19/350x263px-LL-198ce77d_CIMG6782.jpeg
    http://cdn.styleforum.net/2/2a/350x263px-LL-2aeab67a_CIMG6785.jpeg
    http://cdn.styleforum.net/6/68/350x263px-LL-68b6be91_CIMG6788.jpeg
    http://cdn.styleforum.net/f/fa/350x263px-LL-fa7e8311_CIMG6794.jpeg
    http://cdn.styleforum.net/1/15/350x263px-LL-15ce4ad7_CIMG6795.jpeg

LoL

14. max-t

max-t Senior member

If any of you dudes want my black bomber in a size small for what I paid from nomad (20% off) hit me up, one of my grails just popped up :slayer:

15. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Is the olive bomber color basically the color of the fishtail?