• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns F/W 2011

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wore the blazer and joggers a few times, don't recall it needing excessive lint rolling. charcoal corded cloths in 28 coming in today from acrimony, looking forward to seeing what the hype is about.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool Max, thanks for the response.

Haha, I was just looking on Ac and saw those in grey and that the 28's were gone... think I may pick them up in a 29 (will have to wear a belt because they do measure big). There are tag lines that go with w+h like "bullet proof" and stuff like that, but they don't necessarily always live up to their reputation (e.g. button falling off right out of packaging). However, the corded cloths are just a serious quality product and to me are a really strong representation of what the brand is all about . The cloth is super tough and durable, nice hardware, and feel just about indestructible - all while still being elegant to the hand and eye. The length (32") are perfect for me at 5'8" -- I just flip them up once at the bottom of the hem, or just stack them a little, looks good either way. They wear very similar to a slim fitting denim (and they are slim..). A chino or traditional cord I feel need to be washed/dry cleaned/ironed after every wear (due to wrinkles and just signs of being worn), but with these I have no problem with just picking them up out of the worn pile, shaking a bit, maybe spritzing with some water, and throwing them on (don't judge, hah). I have them in navy and khaki from last winter and the navy ones were and still are my favorite pants.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Sorry this is a little :spam: -ish, but I have a grey terry loop hoodie size L from a couple of seasons ago if anyone's interested. I bought it NWOT, washed it once, never wore it. Haven't gotten around to creating a sale thread for it. The cut isn't as slim as some others W + H hoodies I've tried on.

Let's say $100 shipped. PM me if you're interested.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hm, I have a couch in this seasons wine color...

...I really need a blanket for it b/c of my dog...

...does my really dog need a tiger fleece wine blanket...?

oh...decisions, decisions...

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Of course anything black you'll have to worry about lint, but to anyone who has the cargo blazer or joggers in black: is the material especially prone to collecting lint and do you feel like you constantly need to lint roll it? I remember handling the joggers when they first came out (pic attached) and this was my thought, but would be nice to hear from someone who owns it and has worn them a few times.. thanks
p.s. - great to see the corded cloths are back. best pants ever.

Negatory. I toss my pants around and they haven't picked up any lint/hairs/dust/etc. Definitely my favorite piece to come out this year.

And yes, the corded pants are amazing. I have a pair from last FW that I had taken in at the waist (so the legs would fit a bit looser) and they are hands down my favorite pair of pants.

Last edited:

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you guys got me hyped on these cords. weird there was no mention of them at all for the longest time and now everyones agreeing they're the best w+h pants.

Feji

Reaction score
The cords last year crept up on everybody too if I recall correctly. They're made really really well. I have a pair form last year in 31, which ended up being too large for me....which I was going to get the waist taken in, but they seemed so well built I didn't want to have a tailor potentially degrade the quality of the stitching (if that makes sense). As with most W+H items, the seam work really is beautiful on these cords.

I did finally decide on letting my pair go, and I'm pretty sure i will be picking up a pair from this season in a size that will fit better!

Last edited:

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you referring to the acrimony fit pics? they're always looking goofy

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Love my cords from last season. Size 29 had a 31 inch waist. My waist is 30, so they are slightly big on me, but a belt easily remedies it and doesn't look weird at all. They fit me perfectly through the leg. Haven't been compelled to tailor my waist either, the corded cloth is so unique, I worry the tailor might mess mine up as well.

The fit looks different this season, as I mentioned before, I think Acrimony or some site wrote that the fit is a little roomier in the leg. That might be a good thing, might mean you can size perfectly to your waist and they will fit spot on. Problem last season was that if you got your waist right, the leg was too skinny.

Agree with everyone else they are amazing. I have the tan or khaki and love them. I don't know if I'll get another pair. Blue last season was too close to jeans for me, and the grey seems to have a strange sheen to it. Looks horrible on Acrimony's model IMO. I'd have to see in person.

chanimal

Reaction score
+1 on the cords. I have been buying W/H since F/W 07 and they are by far the best item i have by them. Got them in blue and khaki, looking forward to seeing the charcoals in person.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
damnnn the corded cloth pants got expensive. anyone know what they'll be in USD?

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looked at Acrimony's charts. Looks like the waist is still weird. Size 29 has a 32 inch waist. Leg opening is definitely slightly bigger. They are straighter this year whereas last year they were more tapered.

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well my charcoal 28's should be here in an hour or two i'll let you guys know what's up. also hoping the sheen isn't as crazy as it's lookin on acrimony's site.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads