• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns F/W 2011

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I wonder how warm the wooly plaids are. I spend most of my time in Los Angeles, I wonder if I should bother getting them as they won't see much wear. I'm certain they will be nice for my trips to Chicago. Anybody handled these things?

Feji

Reaction score
Echoing the thoughts of others - I'm so happy W+H SS '12 looks to be a bust...cause W+H FW '11 is looking like it will clean out my wallet.

The Egyptian shirt color looks killer, along with the wool mac....and I've been needing a navy suit lately too...

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
S/S12 haters can just re-up on S/S11 at the sample sale :slayer:

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wonder how warm the wooly plaids are. I spend most of my time in Los Angeles, I wonder if I should bother getting them as they won't see much wear. I'm certain they will be nice for my trips to Chicago. Anybody handled these things?

They're thick. I handled it at Gravity Pope today and contemplated buying it, but it was a super mild day in Vancouver today so I wasn't really keen on buying a thick wool plaid.

If you can afford $250 for a piece you'll rarely wear, go for it. They're nice.

nghiem

Reaction score
The navy corded cloth pants from f/w '10 are my favorite pants. I'll attest to the waist being about 2" bigger than tagged while the rest of the pants remain pretty slim. This results in a perfect fit for me and I've been waiting to buy another pair for a while now. I just copped the khaki colored ones in size 28 (incredibly hard to find) so I am pretty stoked. I was debating between the khaki and charcoal but that decision was made for me because someone else copped the 28 in charcoal.

:slayer:

jwoowoo

Reaction score
I despise whoever bought the sz 28 corded pant in charcoal from RG. Can anyone let me know if there is a sz 28 anywhere else online yet?

Local_Disk

Reaction score
I would do a lot of unspeakable things for some of these pieces...

DCU

Reaction score
I definitely wasn't expecting the melton wool mac coat to be priced the same as the Heritage Research stuff.

Also, Acrimony and Four Horsemen have a zip-front flannel shirt which might be a lighter alternative to the brushed wool plaid shirt.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally, a fit pic of the bomber and fishtail @ acrimony.

Maybe with good reason, don't really like the look of the collar folded up, zipped, and unpopped. If you unfold it, it's rather large.

The zip flannel looks like its a zipper and buttons up the front?

DCU

Reaction score
The zip-front flannel shirt does have both zipper (RiRi) and buttons. There's also a blue colorway (as seen in the lookbook) which I like better.

Brinbro

Reaction score
Zip flannels fabric patterns are really ugly this season...

Feji

Reaction score
Acrimony has the rest of their second shipment up it seems. Corded cloth pants in 28!

CanuckBassist

Reaction score
I really wanted to like the raw denim, but the fit is not for me. I tried TTS in the straight fit, but it was already skin tight over my calves and a little roomy in the top block. Shame, really. The denim is also lighter in weight than I expected.

Brinbro

Reaction score
Whoever is making their patterns for their pants, across the board, is doing a terrible job. I really hope W+H takes a look in their upcoming seasons to address it... if they were paying attention they would have already, it's not a new sentiment.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads