1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wings + Horns F/W 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Dbear, Jun 1, 2011.

1. max-t

max-t Senior member

where are the grey ones at?

2. max-t

max-t Senior member

oh and can any of you dudes with corded clothes from last season gimme measurements on a 28 or 29?

3. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Swung by Acrimony today to check out their stock.

Really impressed by the bomber. Was instakop from lookbook until the price was reveal--in person, this thing is a beauty. It's super heavy duty, but it's not puffy and still slim. The whole thing just screams of quality from the waxed cotton, ribbing, zips--construction is really top notched. It looks and feels like it will last forever. Note that the collar unrolled is absolutely huge. But after you snap it down (two buttons on the side, one in the back), and kind of pat down the collar, it looks and feels pretty normal sized. In person, I felt like it was worth the price tag--if you had the weather to wear it--it's definitely warm. I just don't see myself in bad enough weather enough to justify it. Doesn't help that the medium is pretty much a perfect fit.

4. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

28" inch is 15.5" in the back, and 32" inseam

5. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

Which stockists ARE carrying that piece?

6. DCU

DCU Senior member

Roden Gray has this in all sizes expect the one that I'm looking for.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  7. Feji

Feji Senior member

Did you happen to take a look at the wool mac while you were at AC?

Also, the waffle knit black cardigan is being stocked at The Tannery in Cambridge, MA. They had a Small, Medium, and Large when I dropped by a couple weeks ago. You may have to call them to see if they take phone orders since W+H is not listed on their webshop.

8. dsoren

dsoren Senior member

I have a pair of sz 28 khaki anti-fits that I'm looking to sell...hit me up if you're interested...they'll be in b&s once I get back to the computer. Worn a couple of times, washed once, hung dry so no shrinkage.

9. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Actually I did, but only a quick look--while I was looking @ the fishtail (which is nice, but it's not my thing--cut was sort of roomy, which is expected).

The wool mac was nice--the cut was quite slim (much slimmer than the fishtail)--it had flannel lining underneath. Didn't take a detailed look, b/c, I figured if I was going to drop ~$900 or so, it'll be on the bomber or fishtail.

Also, doing an interest check on the 2010 F/W Utility Coat in charcoal, medium, like new--thinking of selling it to fund others.....

10. max-t

max-t Senior member

yo dbear you sold me on the bomber dude. my friend happens to be in toronto now, he just picked it up for me came out to like $710. hope it's gonna do as a winter jacket. guess i'll see on monday.

11. Feji

Feji Senior member

Max did you grab the Small? I was going to try to get somebody to proxy it for me, so if you did I can at least stop lusting =D

12. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

I think you'll be surprised at how heavy duty / warm it is--def a winter jacket. Is $710 @ nomad? Is that sale only in store? I don't see it reflected on their website

13. max-t

max-t Senior member

yeah sorry dude. they may have more than one though so give em a call if you want it. and olive is fuckin awesome too, i didn't get it cuz im the clutz of all clutzes and don't wanna fuck it up.

yeah 710 at nomad, it's not reflected on the website and probably won't be as the sale is only running through tmrw, so you gotta call em up if you want something. when you do paypal orders thy don't charge tax and shipping is 35 so it's not bad if you're buying a couple hundred bucks worth of stuff.

14. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

^ did you see the olive in person?

It looks like only Nomad has it in stock, and I'm debating which one is the better color....

15. Feji

Feji Senior member

Is the olive colorway actually green, or brown like nomad's pics? (I got a pair of olive chino's from Stels and they are green)

16. max-t

max-t Senior member

looks pretty brown

17. DCU

DCU Senior member

Would the fishtail parka be suitable for colder winters? I'm thinking that the extra length (in comparison to the bomber) might be pretty useful.

Also, I'm so sad about missing out on the bomber in black (only Nomad and Roden Gray carried sz. XS). I actually think that there's a good chance of picking it up on sale if you are sz. S-L since a lot of stores picked this up.

18. Feji

Feji Senior member

Just grabbed the medium bomber in black from Nomad....my GF is gonna hand me my balls on a platter :D

19. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Senior member

Awesome, we got a bomber club going on, I hope mine arrives on Monday! People are saying this is a winter coat, but it doesn't seem like it can withstand harsh winter storms. I'm probably gonna pick up the mac too when it gets colder out.

20. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

id grab a bomber boxing day sale, price is just too steep for a jacket that doenst fit into a cold winter that well