Wings + Horns F/W 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Dbear, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Adubz

Adubz Senior member

Sam from Context measured 21 inches p2p on a large wine tiger hoodie and that's what I got. I am usually a medium in W+H stuff except for that one slim fit hoodie release about two years ago. Hoodie should be here on Friday, I can post measurements if it is still needed.

2. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

^ hopefully this is closer to the actual measurements.

My ace hoodie (which looks a lot like this new one) measures 20" P2P on the medium....

3. slide13

slide13 Senior member

I think that is accurate. I tried on the large while I was in Context and it was a snug fit on me. I'm a 42" chest and was trying it on over a button up shirt. I went with the XL which measure 22" p2p, or maybe just a little bit less.

4. Pulp088

Pulp088 Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried on the west point chinos from this FW 2011 season? It seems like they've been tweaking them the past few seasons in terms of inseam and waist. Sizing with W+H feels like roulette sometimes...

5. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

^I think most are sizing down 1 from their normal tagged size.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  6. jwjp

jwjp Senior member

I read somewhere that they've lengthened the inseam by a couple of inches. I had to size down one for my ones from this summer.

7. max-t

max-t Senior member

got two pairs this season in 28, they fit perfect. for reference I'm a true 30" waist, 28 in 19cm DH and APC PS.

8. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

I thought the old season of denim, the washed ones were the best wash i've seen. personally i don't like the ass darts on the new seasons, but my black pair of older w+h denim is very very good.

9. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

True, but you've got to factor in the gusset as well as the material for most W+H hoodies. The tiger fleece stretches all right, with the polyester and all, same as the loop terry now that the weave is much looser. The double jersey's had a tiny p2p, but the material for instance balanced that out since they could be sized like a tee shirt not a sweat. I wouldn't hesitate to order the tiger fleece in a medium, like all my W+H, knowing this fact and handling their tiger fleece before. Anyone sizing up, you'll probably fit it okay, but the fit won't be as great as it could/should be. I feel like we go through this each season...considering how many down right BAD fits have been posted with people sizing incorrectly the tiger fleece in the WAYWT.

Edit: I'm used to 19" = small, 20" = medium, etc for my own sizing.. but usually disregard that for sweats (not for button downs or jackets, though, which could be deal breakers). You've got pretty broad shoulders, so I'm sure you've had to go by those measurements and kind of disregard p2p sometimes. I hate sizing online...

10. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Context just put some stuff up....

11. s3lam

s3lam Senior member

That is weird. Here is a pic I took of how I measured the waist on my 32's. (laid flat)
    [​IMG]

Also, had a couple of requests for more photos of the jeans in different light settings. So took a couple in natural sunlight.
    Enjoy....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

Thanks for the heads up, I was waiting for this to spend some store credit. Got the wine hoodie...

13. max-t

max-t Senior member

am i the only one not feeling the plastic lookin black zippers they're using?

14. slide13

slide13 Senior member

I like it better than the silver ones actually, much better. They're not plastic either, nice Riri zippers.

15. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

...but that also takes wearing the same pair of jeans most days for a year. Although I also doubt that days and days are spent by revered mastercraftsmen distressing W+H jeans. whatever