Wings + Horns F/W 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Dbear, Jun 1, 2011.

1. bassmanpatsfan18

bassmanpatsfan18 Senior member

^ How did the jeans look? Similar cut as before?

2. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

Everything looks great. I was hoping to get a better look on their new flannels though[​IMG]

3. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

wow a lot of these pieces look absolutely excellent

i really like the blue hoodie and black mid-top sneakers

4. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

still like this look. may have to kop the jacket.
    [​IMG]

This jacket is straight fire. I take back my previous comment. It's the new star. WANT

5. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

I can't see how the fishtail parka is worth $800 - $1,000 retail. And to be honest, hearing that price-point makes me pretty sad because I was set on buying that piece but I was hoping for the $600 range.

6. Hartmann

Hartmann Senior member

This jacket is straight fire. I take back my previous comment. It's the new star. WANT
    Dude, it looks the same as last year's puffer except for the black strip on the right buttons.

7. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

so when will these be available for purchase?

8. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Want the brown trousers and black bush pants

9. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

Dude, it looks the same as last year's puffer except for the black strip on the right buttons.

I thought it looked more cropped or slimmer in the fit. Maybe I'm wrong. I felt like last years had everyone looking like they were selling tires.
    http://www.svpply.com/item/107090/Br...ns__Down_Parka

10. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

^ Looks the same in terms of width/puffiness to me. I owned the coat for a short time and had to size up from my normal size in other brands (typical for me to have to size up in W+H anyway) b/c it ran slim. It's a down jacket so not really the best type of coat to not look puffed out.

It was slimmer than most puffy jackets I've ever owned/tried though for what that's worth. My only isse with it other than crazy price tag was that the interior lining was a cotton lining in inside body and sleeves as opposed to a silk or rayon or similar lining that reduces friction of movement. It was a pain trying to get arms through the holes with sweaters and knits. That's the main reason why I flipped it. Hopefully they change that detail in the new version.

11. Hartmann

Hartmann Senior member

What tonio said.

12. 97laxlude

97laxlude Senior member

^ Looks the same in terms of width/puffiness to me. I owned the coat for a short time and had to size up from my normal size in other brands (typical for me to have to size up in W+H anyway) b/c it ran slim. It's a down jacket so not really the best type of coat to not look puffed out.

It was slimmer than most puffy jackets I've ever owned/tried though for what that's worth. My only isse with it other than crazy price tag was that the interior lining was a cotton lining in inside body and sleeves as opposed to a silk or rayon or similar lining that reduces friction of movement. It was a pain trying to get arms through the holes with sweaters and knits. That's the main reason why I flipped it. Hopefully they change that detail in the new version.

+1 on everything he just said.
    I was thinking of bringing it to a tailor to see if I could line it in silk/rayon type material. I don't like having to hold onto the sleeve ends to put on a coat. Other than that it's probably my favorite w+h's piece.

13. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

love the sneakers, but they are too expensive for my budget

14. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

White lows look nice. Would like the highs more if the zipper were on the inside and had the smaller toe of the lows.

15. ysb

ysb Senior member

+1 on everything he just said.
    I was thinking of bringing it to a tailor to see if I could line it in silk/rayon type material. I don't like having to hold onto the sleeve ends to put on a coat. Other than that it's probably my favorite w+h's piece.

yes! I thought it was just me! I love everything else about that coat.

97laxlude please let us know if you were successful. Once I was putting on the coat over a flannel and I thought I heard something rip from catching on the inner sleeve material