Wings + Horns F/W 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Dbear, Jun 1, 2011.

1. s3lam

s3lam Senior member

Nomad received the washed denim on Friday. Was tempted on getting the slim bleached out denim but ended up holding out on getting them. For those of you who have tried them on do u find that the slims are a tad thicker in weight when compared to the straight fit denim. I know both are labeled as 13.5 oz but it felt as if the slims were a tad thicker. Might just be me. i might go back and get the slims but at 295 i have to think about.

Btw heard the raws will be priced under 200.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011

2. DCU

DCU Senior member

It would be great with some comments on the difference between the slim-fit denim and straight-fit denim (from those who have tried them on).

3. jslade

jslade Senior member

Hey, thanks for the sizing help, folks. I guess I'll be going with a medium, then! I wish Acrimony had stocked the pullover hoodies, but it looks like RG is the only place to get them as of now.

4. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Just picked up my first tiger fleece item from W+H while at Context yesterday. Got the red hoodie and love the fit and feel of it. Now it just needs to get cold enough that I can wear it.

5. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

When everyone is saying the 'red' hoodie, is it the 'wine', correct? Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something

slide, what is your height and weight and what size did you go with? (If you care to share, thanks)

6. slide13

slide13 Senior member

yes, I mean the wine color.

As far as size goes, I'm 6' and just shy of 200lbs. I'm a large in my W+H flannel shirt from last year. I was able to fit in the L and XL on the hoodie. The large was a very slim fit on me, maybe a little too slim through the shoulders and chest area. I went with the XL as I like a hoodie to have a slightly roomier fit (I can't pull off the super slim fits like all you really skinny guys :)). Love the fit and fabric.

7. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

^awesome, thanks. I like that wine hoodie a lot. I also like the wine sweats which Haven picked up

8. DCU

DCU Senior member

Would you mind sharing what Context received in their first shipment? They have been pretty slow with e-mail replies lately...

9. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

You could call them as well.

10. DCU

DCU Senior member

I know but I'm located in Europe...

11. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Sorry, I didn't look too hard beyond the two hoodies.....some shirts but not sure which ones and not sure what else. I'm no help basically.

12. DCU

DCU Senior member

No problem. Thanks anyway.

13. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

First time i see someone here with the same sizing as me. I agree with the sweater fit. Large fits, but just too tight for a sweater. Im 6'2" and 203.
    Were the two types of hoodies from last year loop terry and tiger fleece? My gf bought me a hoodie and i know its not the tiger fleece but i dont know which type it is. Wanna order some more this year.

14. jslade

jslade Senior member

Would I be correct in assuming that the tiger fleece is thicker/warmer than the loop terry? I really want the pullover, damn, but don't want to order from Roden Gray.

[​IMG]

15. slide13

slide13 Senior member

anybody know a place in NYC that has, or will have, the sweatpants in stock? Heading there for a visit in late September and may want to snag a pair.