• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns F/W 2011

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since the retailers have pretty good pics of the shoes, I took a couple of lesser seen ones.

Like how I intend on wearing it (going to wear them all day with jeans, not going to try tucking them or extra cuffing, etc)
The zipper placket
The inside (CP like gold print)
The box & shoe bag.

Also, RG was really good about returning these (when I called them). They offered a return (not just credit) and would even hold another size for me. Wasn't expecting that, but very good customer service. :thumbs-up:

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice man, thanks for the pics. I think they look great.

Brinbro

Reaction score
Just realized how crazy this collection is going to be once the full research line hits. It's all infinitely wearable unlike some of the other lauded brands around here with construction that is usually impeccable, which helps justify some of the pricing. Which is also something I can't say about other brands. I'm thinking that I may want to pass off my black cowichan zippered cardigan from last fall, near-perfect condition, if anyone is interested let me know and I may start a for sale thread. Not sure it's really getting the wear it deserves, since it's a pretty heavy duty piece...

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when is the raw denim expected to hit the shelves?

Local_Disk

Reaction score
So Dbear, they were loose at first because you didn't tie them? Since they are supposedly bigger than the sample, do you think a 10.5 would still be too large for a 42? They look sweet btw.

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
isn't 42 = 9?

my cp are a 42 and my wings and horns are a 9 (dayton service boot) both fit snug.

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how does the blazer fit? i don't know whether to get a medium or a small.

Brinbro

Reaction score
What do you usually wear? By Haven's measurements it fits slim, and I would size it personally like I do all my W+H (true/medium). Considering it's a heavier fabric, and you're debating a medium or small, I may go with the larger of the two.

ThomSquared

Reaction score
Alright *******, I'm going to ask the inevitable annoying question to all those who purchased a pair of these slim fit jeans (particularly the black ones)... How do they fit compared to let's say, um, A.P.C New Cures? I'm a 30 in the NC's and am interested in these black W&H jeans but need to know if I should size up, down, or stay the same.

Again, I am in no way trying to start a nuclear explosion of stupid A.P.C. fit questions but I'm seriously considering these jeans and have to know the fit, especially if I'd be getting them shipped from Canada.

Also, what has everybody's experiences within the us with ordering from 4 horsemen???

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I checked out the denim in person yesterday. They are decent but nothing special. Something about the distressing on both the bleached and 1-year wash irks me. I'm also really choked the 1-year wash looks NOTHING like the sample pics. Easy pass for me.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So Dbear, they were loose at first because you didn't tie them? Since they are supposedly bigger than the sample, do you think a 10.5 would still be too large for a 42? They look sweet btw.

Basically. :embar:

I was in a hurry and the laces were loosely put in (for show). I slipped my foot in and thought, "too big!"
Later I went back and laced them up properly and zipped it up and it fits fine. There is room in the toe box, but if I sized down, most likely my toes would be squished.

Also, another detail, the ankle area is padded, which is another nice touch.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, what has everybody's experiences within the us with ordering from 4 horsemen???

Can't speak for the American jiggas, but 4 Horsemen has always taken care of me. Probably one of my favorite online retailers to be honest.

*this has been a paid endorsement

pistolero

Reaction score

Can't speak for the American jiggas, but 4 Horsemen has always taken care of me. Probably one of my favorite online retailers to be honest.

*this has been a paid endorsement

+1. 4 Horsemen is great!

malcolm4819

Reaction score
FourHorsemen are great, Ive dealt with Guy directly and dude is very professional.

also does anyone know if its safe to dry clean last season's Plaid Pique Polos?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads