Wings + Horns F/W 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Dbear, Jun 1, 2011.

1. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

post pics :D

2. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Since the retailers have pretty good pics of the shoes, I took a couple of lesser seen ones.

Like how I intend on wearing it (going to wear them all day with jeans, not going to try tucking them or extra cuffing, etc)
    The zipper placket
    The inside (CP like gold print)
    The box & shoe bag.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, RG was really good about returning these (when I called them). They offered a return (not just credit) and would even hold another size for me. Wasn't expecting that, but very good customer service. :thumbs-up:

3. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Nice man, thanks for the pics. I think they look great.

4. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

Just realized how crazy this collection is going to be once the full research line hits. It's all infinitely wearable unlike some of the other lauded brands around here with construction that is usually impeccable, which helps justify some of the pricing. Which is also something I can't say about other brands. I'm thinking that I may want to pass off my black cowichan zippered cardigan from last fall, near-perfect condition, if anyone is interested let me know and I may start a for sale thread. Not sure it's really getting the wear it deserves, since it's a pretty heavy duty piece...

5. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

when is the raw denim expected to hit the shelves?

6. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Senior member

So Dbear, they were loose at first because you didn't tie them? Since they are supposedly bigger than the sample, do you think a 10.5 would still be too large for a 42? They look sweet btw.

7. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

isn't 42 = 9?

my cp are a 42 and my wings and horns are a 9 (dayton service boot) both fit snug.

8. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

how does the blazer fit? i don't know whether to get a medium or a small.

9. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

What do you usually wear? By Haven's measurements it fits slim, and I would size it personally like I do all my W+H (true/medium). Considering it's a heavier fabric, and you're debating a medium or small, I may go with the larger of the two.

10. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

Alright fuck it, I'm going to ask the inevitable annoying question to all those who purchased a pair of these slim fit jeans (particularly the black ones)... How do they fit compared to let's say, um, A.P.C New Cures? I'm a 30 in the NC's and am interested in these black W&H jeans but need to know if I should size up, down, or stay the same.

Again, I am in no way trying to start a nuclear explosion of stupid A.P.C. fit questions but I'm seriously considering these jeans and have to know the fit, especially if I'd be getting them shipped from Canada.

Also, what has everybody's experiences within the us with ordering from 4 horsemen???

11. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

I checked out the denim in person yesterday. They are decent but nothing special. Something about the distressing on both the bleached and 1-year wash irks me. I'm also really choked the 1-year wash looks NOTHING like the sample pics. Easy pass for me.

[​IMG]

12. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Basically. :embar:

I was in a hurry and the laces were loosely put in (for show). I slipped my foot in and thought, "too big!"
    Later I went back and laced them up properly and zipped it up and it fits fine. There is room in the toe box, but if I sized down, most likely my toes would be squished.

Also, another detail, the ankle area is padded, which is another nice touch.

13. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Can't speak for the American jiggas, but 4 Horsemen has always taken care of me. Probably one of my favorite online retailers to be honest.

*this has been a paid endorsement

14. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

+1. 4 Horsemen is great!

15. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

FourHorsemen are great, Ive dealt with Guy directly and dude is very professional.

also does anyone know if its safe to dry clean last season's Plaid Pique Polos?