1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wings + Horns F/W 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Dbear, Jun 1, 2011.

1. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Any reviews/thoughts on the cargo joggers?

2. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

cross post from RP thread:
    I am a usual size 32 and 33 depending on the pant. I ordered a size 33, I like the waist on jeans to measure 17" across so I can sag a little bit. These measure exactly 17" across, so like 1" above tagged size

http://www.shopacrimony.com/designers/wings-horns/wings-horns-5-pocket-skinny-jean
    they have all the measurements, although I wouldn't trust them too much. The size 33 is off, even if they meant to put 17.5 it would still be off.

here are the measurements I received from Roden Gray for anyone that wants them-
    Size 32
    Waist: 16.5"
    Thigh at crotch: 12"
    Knee: 7.5"
    Hem: 7"
    Inseam: 35"

Size 33
    Waist: 17"
    Thigh at crotch: 12.25"
    Knee: 7.5"
    Hem: 7"
    Inseam: 35"

3. 13k

13k Senior member

Thank you sir! Now a question on the denim itself. The blacks are a wash and not raw? I can imagine that its not super stiff..

4. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Cool, I am thinking about getting the blazer myself. It's its as thick as the cargo joggers then it can easily double as a winter jacket for the better part of the season. I'm going to keep an eye out for that cardigan as well.

5. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

It's not stiff like raws but it's not very soft either :dozingoff:

Kinda like thin raw denim, not stiff but still rough

6. Gingahbman

Gingahbman Senior member

When do you think the sneakers will drop on American sites? Also, for anyone who bought a size 45, let me know if you think it will fit a true 11.5(US). Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  7. s3lam

s3lam Senior member

Picked these up at Nomad yesterday. They are size 32 (slim fit).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And of course a couple fit pics. Kinda remind me of the 19cm cut. I am really digging the wash on these jeans.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. jslade

jslade Senior member

The fit looks perfect, man!

9. 13k

13k Senior member

^^ looks good s3lam... you're the same size as me so its really tempting not to cop after seeing the fit pic

10. nowiremember

nowiremember Senior member

fit looks great. can't help but think they look very similar to a pair of the 484 cut from jcrew in carbon fade i have.

11. dsoren

dsoren Senior member

^Yeah, no...

Anyway, those look great, may need to kop...

12. nowiremember

this thread kills me.. i think w+h do some great things and love everything i have. but really am i the only one that can admit some of this stuff is just overpriced and similar items quality can be sourced cheaper from different brands?!?. gimme a break.

13. dsoren

dsoren Senior member

Do some research about denim manufacturing, and then talk about the warrants of various jeans. And I'm not just talking about fabric and selvedge vs. non selvedge etc. Good washes are very expensive to create, denim from companies like W+H, R13, Dior etc. are undergoing distressing processes at very high end wash houses where people work on one pair of jeans for days.

Am I saying that J. Crew products are bad? Absolutely not. I'm just saying that there's a reason that J. Crew jeans are $100 (still overpriced) and Wings are close to $300. Same goes for tees, hoodies, cardigans etc.

It's not just about looks people - it's about fabrics, where the stuff is made (ex. because of the exchange rate, making things in Japan costs a shitload right now, which is why Robert Geller stuff is expensive, etc.)

Just because you read StyFo and A Continuous Lean doesn't mean that you know everything there is to know about the very complex world of clothing manufacturing, wholesaling and retailing.

14. nowiremember

yer right. what do i know from my one "non fan boy" reply. if it says w+h it must be good. my mistake.
    i'll simply go back to being a spectator of the circle jerk, must have forgot where i was.

15. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Can anyone measure the P2P in this season's Tiger Fleece Hoodie in a medium?

Haven says 18", which is kind of small........

16. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Senior member

Why not get it from Canadian sites? Roden Gray and 4Horsemen wont charge for its shipping.

17. kwonster

kwonster Senior member

Just got my medium, fits a bit snug when zipped up but not bad. I have a ~20 inch chest.
    In case anyone's curious, the inseam on the sweatpants are also longer than haven's measurements. They say ~30 in for a medium, but mine are closer to 32-33.

18. s3lam

s3lam Senior member

I got a few messages about measurements for the bleached out slim fit denim.

Waist : 17.5
    Thigh:12"
    Leg Opening:7"
    Inseam:35"

For Reference:
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 175-180lbs

19. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

Damn that's a small hem. Too small for tall people IMO

20. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

So I got my pair of Black Hi Tops...and I must say these joints are impressive. Very sturdy and solid feeling. Worth the wait and price imo..