1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wings + Horns F/W 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Dbear, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

Damn, ugly outerwear and the one that I do like is way out of my budget (fishtail). Hoodies look awful (of those pictured), even worse than the 'color-blocked' ones of yore.

Only excited about the washed jeans and all of the pants, which is a first.

2. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

still like this look. may have to kop the jacket. [​IMG]

3. bassmanpatsfan18

bassmanpatsfan18 Senior member

The lighter of the two washed jeans looks really nice. Hell, I'll probably get both of the washed ones if the cut is right.

4. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

The lighter of the two washed jeans looks really nice. Hell, I'll probably get both of the washed ones if the cut is right.

Had my eye on that one too. Definitely tempting

5. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

Sorry to thread shit, cause I like W+H, but you should seriously just kop these Geller jawnz right now instead [​IMG] One of the best purchases I've ever made.
    [​IMG]

6. max-t

max-t Senior member

Sorry to thread shit, cause I like W+H, but you should seriously just kop these Geller jawnz right now instead [​IMG]
    One of the best purchases I've ever made.
    [​IMG]

was thinkin bout getting these a while ago. where to kop?

7. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

Lul. I think you might be a 44?
    I got the last 44 at SSense. Aloha Rag has a 44 but their sale hasn't started.
    Roden Gray has 46 and up but that pair isn't on sale.
    Idk if anyone else got them.

8. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

The sneakers remind me of a combination of Common Projects and Lanvin... I would almost say replicas not just inspired.

9. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Senior member

I think everything there is a replica/rehash and not inspired, but they are all done/made extremely well, which is why I like W+H in the first place.

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I had a look at the complete collection earlier.

The pants are made of twill or, coated jersey, which is nice. There is also a very nice heavy coated jersey jacket that I preordered. As well as the black, it comes in olive. The matching pants are shown, and are in a similar material. The sneakers have a nice, slim, toebox. I'd say that they fit slightly bigger than Common Projects. I wear a size 43 in Common Projects, and ordered a 43 in the all white lows (which I liked more than the call white Achilles). I think that the retail for the lows will be $360, and the highs, $400. The black parka and the fishtail jacket are collaborations with Heritage Research, and the prices will be correspondingly high - between $800-$1K, I think. Both coated canvas. Other pieces I ordered was an oversized faux cardigan in a very plush cashmere blend. I don't see it there, so I hope that it actually went into production, or I will have to ream Rob Lo, and steal the sample. There is also a double-sided fleece which is pretty nice.

11. bassmanpatsfan18

bassmanpatsfan18 Senior member

^ How did the jeans look? Similar cut as before?

12. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

Everything looks great. I was hoping to get a better look on their new flannels though[​IMG]

13. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

wow a lot of these pieces look absolutely excellent

i really like the blue hoodie and black mid-top sneakers

14. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

still like this look. may have to kop the jacket.
    [​IMG]

This jacket is straight fire. I take back my previous comment. It's the new star. WANT

15. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

I can't see how the fishtail parka is worth $800 - $1,000 retail. And to be honest, hearing that price-point makes me pretty sad because I was set on buying that piece but I was hoping for the $600 range.

16. Hartmann

Hartmann Senior member

This jacket is straight fire. I take back my previous comment. It's the new star. WANT
    Dude, it looks the same as last year's puffer except for the black strip on the right buttons.

17. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

so when will these be available for purchase?

18. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Senior member

Want the brown trousers and black bush pants

19. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

Dude, it looks the same as last year's puffer except for the black strip on the right buttons.

I thought it looked more cropped or slimmer in the fit. Maybe I'm wrong. I felt like last years had everyone looking like they were selling tires.
    http://www.svpply.com/item/107090/Br...ns__Down_Parka

20. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

^ Looks the same in terms of width/puffiness to me. I owned the coat for a short time and had to size up from my normal size in other brands (typical for me to have to size up in W+H anyway) b/c it ran slim. It's a down jacket so not really the best type of coat to not look puffed out.

It was slimmer than most puffy jackets I've ever owned/tried though for what that's worth. My only isse with it other than crazy price tag was that the interior lining was a cotton lining in inside body and sleeves as opposed to a silk or rayon or similar lining that reduces friction of movement. It was a pain trying to get arms through the holes with sweaters and knits. That's the main reason why I flipped it. Hopefully they change that detail in the new version.