Wings + Horns F/W 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Dbear, Jun 1, 2011.

1. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Anyone have advice on henley sizing? If I'm a small in Wings + Horns button-ups, a small in the spring polo, generally a medium in their hoodies...I'm wondering if I should order small or medium.

Also, any advice on the tees?

2. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

3. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

depends how tall you are. if you are over 5'10" don't even bother with them. wayy too short, especially at the sides. its awful. they also fit like tents.

but for a trim fit, get a s

4. DCU

DCU Senior member

Are these the ones that are available on the Roden Gray site or will there be other offerings as well (it's kind of hard to make out any details from the pictures offered)?

5. dsoren

dsoren Senior member

6. max-t

max-t Senior member

anyone know if those reversible hoodies are gonna come in any other colors?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  7. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Should definitely post more stockists as they come in...Haven looks like they are putting stuff up soon...(some already up--shoes/duffle outerwear).

--The V neck cashmere blend sweater looks great--really want one, but have to slow my roll for now...it is very hard to tell if there is any shoulder detail on them from the picture.
    --Tiger fleece sweat pants = win. But of course, incoming a few pages about if $150 sweats are "worth it".
    --Duffle outerwear can just disappear, imo.
    --New wine color is really nice. Would like to see it on a crewneck, similar to the indigo crewneck of s/s 2011.
    --New high neck hoodies look just like the Ace Hotel hoodie. Wonder if the material is the same.
    --Reversible hoodies and crew necks are an interesting twist...
    --I suspect the cargo joggers is more similar in material to a sweat pant than a cargo pant...not sure tho.

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I got both the grey highs and lows on pre-order.

9. what no

what no Member

The cashmere sweaters have a very subtle stitching detail on the back of the shoulders, and some louder detailing on the lower back part of the arms. Also for anyone wondering the flannel oxfords are one of if not the nicest W+H shirts I've ever felt, they're traditional oxford shirt material on the outside and flannel on the inside and have a contrast placket on the grey and blue ones.

10. arsn89

arsn89 Member

Hey guys, been reading up on W+H for a while now, and really excited on the 2011 f/w collection. Question though on W+H sizing. My measurements are:

6'1
    183 lbs
    31"waist
    38" chest
    22 inch arme length (Pit to wrist)

I'm currently looking into purchasing their tiger fleeces and few other jackets, and maybe some shirts or henleys to layer with. What should I size if I currently want a fit similar to the model on this picture. I'd like the hoody to come down to my waist and the sleeves just reaching my wrist like in the picture, a nice slim fitted look. Also what should I size on their henleys if I want to layer, should I even buy their henleys if it won't fit right just go with another designer?

Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

11. dsoren

dsoren Senior member

Curious about this as well...anyone know?

Also waiting on the rest of the outerwear to drop, they had a longer length grey coat in the lookbook that looked really nice

12. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

Pretty obvious the cargos are just a heavy sweatpant, just like the blazer. I love Roden Gray, but what were they thinking with the 'preview' thing? Becomes laughable when you have Haven putting up all their stock at the same time. I'm a little upset since I can't seem to get into the preview because I can't retrieve my password from Roden's system (yet).

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

It's not. Neither the cargoes not the blazer (which I got today) are "sweats" in the traditional sense. I have the blazer right here in my hands, and I tried on the cargoes in January. The best way to describe them is as heavy, coated, jersey.

14. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

W+H has used a 'heavy' sweat in the past, they've even used it on a blazer. I'm guessing it's a similar fabric. I would call it a more structured jersey, due to its weight, but still in essence a sweat. They even call it a jogger, for obvious reasons.

How would you describe the coating, though? That sounds interesting.

15. reezy

reezy Senior member

Copped the red/maroon tiger fleece sweats @ nomad. Cold weather bring it. :slayer:

ADD: this is the comfiest sweat pants ever....