• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns F/W 2011

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a winter jacket. I got both the bomber and the down jacket and theyre about as warm as each other. I wear the bomber on wet days and the down on dry

racknac

Reaction score
any Steven Alan discount codes? Or is 50% the lowest we can expect it to go...

sciphiyem

Reaction score

It's a winter jacket. I got both the bomber and the down jacket and theyre about as warm as each other. I wear the bomber on wet days and the down on dry

good to know, thanks.

trying to decide whether to buy the olive one now, but i feel like i'm in between sizes so i cant pull the trigger. ahhh damn sales.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea no returns too lol. i know i'm a xs in the bomber thank god its sold out everywhere in that size.

deem

Reaction score

Thanks for the quick response, max-t. Good to know it's that warm. I'm going to have to pass on it.

Family Death

Reaction score
Blasphemy ^

Went ahead and snagged a bomber in a small.. hope this works out for me! I couldn't resist the 50% off..
wink.gif

reezy

Reaction score
Such a steal compared to the 30% off I got it for :embar:

89andy

Reaction score

andy i think he's very srs

One would think that a jacket filled with down would be warmer than anything filled with who knows what. Unless said jacket is really damn heavy and ****, which I think that bomber doesn't look like it.

Brinbro

Reaction score
What a moron of course it isn't nearly as warm as a down jacket. They have different thermal properties, and one will keep you warmer during actual cold weather.

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have last years down jacket and it's a lot warmer than the bomber. I only take out the down jacket when it get's really cold and windy.

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the heritage bomber is real thick and at least as heavy as this years down. can't imagine it being more than slightly less warm in freezing weather if even. and i'll def be wearing it in rain/snow over the down so i don't walk around with 20 pounds of wet wool. down gets more compliments though

Feji

Reaction score
Down parka isn't that bad in the snow, since most of it brushes right off. Wintry mix is another story though, but if its warm enough for that to happen then the bomber will be sufficient.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads