1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wings + Horns F/W 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Dbear, Jun 1, 2011.

1. bakatora

bakatora Senior member

^ if you used canadapost the chances of you getting hit with customs fees is probably like <1%.

2. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Senior member

Yep, that's relieving, it was free Canada Post "Xpresspost", so hopefully it will be quick.

3. Feji

Feji Senior member

I've never ever been charged customs fees buying from CA, shipped via Canada Post. Every package, regardless of courier, will go through customs. UPS charges ~$27 flat fee on most packages to "sign a release" through the customs clearance stage. Fedex is hit/miss in terms of getting charged a customs fee.

NEVER select UPS for international shipments.

Edit: Xpresspost is the equivalent of Priority Mail (~3-5 days international). Expedited USA is the equivalent of First Class.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  4. Gmas

Gmas Senior member

Jonathan + Olivia in Toronto just started their Boxing Dal sale a few days early with a lot of their Wings + Horns now at 50% off. The kicker is that a good amount of their Wings stock isn't online. I went in to pick up the reversible charcoal hoodie only to find a bunch more items not on their site. Ended up grabbing the reversible charcoal hoodie for $125, wine tiger fleece hoodie for $110, grey sweat pants for $75, and the last pair of black high's (suede, black toe) for $200. Lucked out since they only had one pair left and they were in my size.

For any XS's here, they had a wine hoodie left ($110) along with both the heather and charcoal reversible reversible crewnecks for $92 in XS.

Seemed to still have a decent amount of Wings stock as far as sizes, and again, a bunch of stuff not on the website.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  5. ribkin

ribkin Senior member

Wanted to get the bomber or duffle sweater but opted for a s.n.s herning knit instead ... Suddenly this brand isn't so appealing from a value perspective...

Perhaps at a heavy discount, but so far the U.S. based retailers aren't budging ... stingy mofos...

6. ribkin

ribkin Senior member

decent haul...

7. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

Did they have any heather gray or black revrersible hoodies?

8. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Bit the bullet with J+O and bought the reversiable hoodie. Knock on wood, but haven't been charged customs before from Roden Gray or Nomad, hopefully the streak continues.

9. Gmas

Gmas Senior member

No heather grey or black from what I saw in the hoodie - only the charcoal. Had the heather grey in the reversible crewneck though.

Had the heather in the high neck tiger fleece hoodie though....same model as the wine.

10. jim_n

jim_n Senior member

can anyone let me know how I should size the low sneakers? thanks

11. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

i have achilles low in a 44 because they fit in the width perfect but are a little long, 43s were better in length but were way too tight. in the white leather lows i felt best in a 43, width was just a smidge tight, whereas achilles were way too tight. could have also gone with a 44 but felt better in a 43.

12. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Thanks for the information, very helpful. I pulled the trigger on the 1 wash straights from Nomad. We'll see if it was actually in stock and if so, hope it fits.

13. sciphiyem

sciphiyem Senior member

Roden's email response time might be a bit slow, but I called them about the crotch blowout I had with the bleached jeans and got a good answer. They said they would refund full cost and return shipping costs. Really easy to deal with, great customer service. I managed to snag a replacement pair from Nomad on sale, so I guess it worked out in the end (unless the jeans rip again!)

Also, Urban Outfitters UK has 50% and has some decent stock left. I don't think they ship to the US though.

14. Family Death

Family Death Active Member

Which size did you order?

15. pockets96

pockets96 Well-Known Member

Drove to Toronto today and picked up the wine hoody in small from Over the Rainbow. Just random chance that I called these guys and they had one in stock.

16. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

Just picked up two grey and two blk crew neck tees from Jonathan and Olivia. They still have some sweats at 65. Both the enzyme crew and hoodie. Random assortments the double sides hoodies. And a large selection of the 1 year was at 120 I believe.

17. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Should I take the same size In the enzyme wash hoody as I do in the current season scuba tiger fleece?

18. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

Anybody know if Haven is having a boxing day sale on W+H?

19. Gmas

Gmas Senior member

I would say yes (I did). Fit might be slightly different, but one isn't significantly bigger than the other.

20. sciphiyem

sciphiyem Senior member

Ended up getting the olive bomber in L. Here's a pic :

[​IMG]

I think a M would have probably fit a bit better, but my arm movement is a bit limited in this size so I wonder about the M. color is a bit off in this pic btw.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
    1 person likes this.