1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wings + Horns F/W 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Dbear, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Family Death

Family Death Active Member

Oh, you were the one with the nice fit pic on those bleached straight fits. I still really like the look of them and I'm considering picking up a pair since they're on sale.. I hope I don't have issues with quality like you've experienced though. I mean.. I have raw denim that I use as my "beaters" really, I think I'll just be careful with that bleached pair.. nothing too rough, hopefully they'll be okay !

2. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

Armpit tore down the seam on the gusset of my tiger fleece after around 5 wears. Bullshit since I've got hoodies that are over 5 years old from Nike outlet, Banana Republic etc that hold up better.

Second time, too. Frustration.

3. 89andy

89andy Senior member

You sure the hoodie is not way to tight on you on the arms?

Keep in mind that it's easier to tear off clothes that fit slim and tight, but I do have to say the quality is unacceptable if it tore on you and it doesn't fit tight. Can't imagine it happen on mine either, the thing has so many stitching.

4. 89andy

89andy Senior member

Roden Gray has terrible service online. Their measurements are always totally off and sometimes don't even make sense (I remember asking for measurements on like a size 29 and 30 and they somehow gave me measurements where some parts of the 29 was bigger than 30 WTF). That and they take forever to reply.

5. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

It tore right besides all of the heavy, triple stitching. Almost as if they didn't even cover the part that tore, like the stitching wasn't even aligned along the gusset. And it's the size I've been wearing for years, so no, it wasn't too tight but I understand what you mean.

It's on the armpit, a stress point, but with the gusset that shouldn't be a problem. Anyway, will have to email ssense and get a generic response from them and W+H and end up having a tailor 'fix' it. Fuck.

6. ribkin

ribkin Senior member

Can't decide between the duffle sweater and the bomber jacket... I'll probably have to flip a coin when I get up

7. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

If any of you avid W+H dudes could help a brother out I have been looking all over for the static jersey tube scarf in wine if that is still a possibility, need it to give as a gift to somebody. Any and all help is much appreciated.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  8. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

bomber.

9. Daniel Goat

Daniel Goat Well-Known Member

Quote:
    Which colors are you deciding between? Each item has two different colors.

10. uninkco

uninkco Senior member

going to receive my bomber in olive today... i'll post some pics asap

11. ribkin

ribkin Senior member

:fu:

12. habitant

habitant Senior member

i have the duffle it's quite nice..

13. unimet18

unimet18 New Member

Hello.

I am trying to decide what size to get for the reversible zip up . I tried the XS it is way too tight. I am thinking if I should get a Small or Medium. I have the XS in the plaid brushed wool and it fits perfect but the zip up was too tight. I tried some regining champ zipup and the small was kinda tight and short in length on the body but the medium seems to be a big big. Any insights?? I'm about 5'7 130lbs

Thanks.

14. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

XS OR DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. max-t

max-t Senior member

im almost your exact height/weight and the small in reversible is perfect.

16. ribkin

ribkin Senior member

I bet it is. Probably one the highlights of the whole F/W 2011...

But that kind of garment is usually associated with the older crowd :)

The bomber looks a bit meh, and busy ... but I'd be buying primarily for fit as W + H are one of the few brands that cater to slim/athletic types ...

Don't want anyone to take it the wrong way .. but some of the quick and dirty bathroom mirror smartphone fit pics aren't much help... neither are those giraffe-like 6'3 model types on the retail websites...

17. Daniel Goat

Daniel Goat Well-Known Member

Quote:

I'm relatively new to the forum, does that face have any special significance? He sure is ugly. Personally, I'd go with the Duffle Sweater, that piece is so ill. I'd buy it, probably in the charcoal, if I were fine with eating Ramen noodles every single meal for a month.

18. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

honestly, the proportions are really weird on the bomber and i wouldn't wear it if someone gave it to me.

19. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

it's the internet sensation fuuuuuuuuuu face.

20. ribkin

ribkin Senior member

Can't tell if that's the case... or if people just didn't size right