• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns F/W 2010

sahbryant

Reaction score
thanks guys. i think i'm gonna pull the trigger on the large thermal pullover (edited my above post to read 6'1 instead of 6'11, my bad).

James_M

Reaction score
Grabbed a pair of chinos in a 32 and really should have went down to 31. They're too big in the seat and in the waist now so I need to have them tailored. Anyone have any experience getting them tailored? I've only brought jeans in to be hemmed so I'd like to know what I should be asking for exactly.

Thanks in advance.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by James_M
Grabbed a pair of chinos in a 32 and really should have went down to 31. They're too big in the seat and in the waist now so I need to have them tailored. Anyone have any experience getting them tailored? I've only brought jeans in to be hemmed so I'd like to know what I should be asking for exactly. Thanks in advance.
Just make sure you take it to a trusted tailor. I like to bring in a picture of either myself or someone else (of similar build) wearing similar pants in the way I want them to fit (in the inseam/break and butt/waist/seat). All reports in this thread for basically all w+h chinos report they are over sized in the waist and butt (i.e. size down one, some maybe even two sizes), while very narrow in the legs. Unless you have a very particular body, these pants will most likely need to be tailored to fit most well. If you're getting the inseam altered then no to need pay for an original hem job as all (except Utility pants) are a basic bottom hem. i like to tell my tailor to leave enough room in the waist for me to comfortably tuck in a shirt or comfortably gain 5 lbs. tailored chinos, before and after (note they're much baggier in the first pic than they appear).
33f81f5a.jpg

0a00a60c.jpg

Beware old, traditional tailors stuck in their ways and opinions on what does and does not look appropriate. These are a modern fitting pant. Don't leave your expensive pants anywhere you're not comfortable with. Even if you've been chalked up, don't be afraid to leave if you have doubts.

ghostdog123

Reaction score
To briefly poll, has anyone managed to get the Slim Fit Cords discounted at all this season? It seems they are nearly gone from every stocklist, and being a 29 I already have limited options (read: 2).

I'm watching acrimony daily but... should I stop hoping for a sale and buy now? Ods are...?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Acrimony could drop a Christmas Code or maybe something shortly following xmas. I'd keep any eye out for that..

Other than that, I wouldn't count on seeing them on sale when it comes time for that in a size 29 as that is a popular size (being all the 30's and 31's will size down, and the true 29's only have that choice as well, unless they were lucky enough to grab a 28).

Navys will be more available than the khaki cords I would imagine also. It seems they didn't make a lot of pants this season. Unfortunately because they're pretty much the best of f/w10 offering.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
tailored chinos, before and after (note they're much baggier in the first pic than they appear).

IMO they look way better in the first pic. Maybe it's just the second pic looks like you're trying to air out your crotch?

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tried to go by Kesner in nyc to check out the sale, but turns out it was a going out of business sale and they are goneeeee

nghiem

Reaction score
I got my corded cloth's from Fahim's B/S sale for 150 and it was probably my best purchase of the year. Even better because it was size 28, which was really, really hard to find.

Hey slack, did you size your chino's the same as the cords?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by meso
IMO they look way better in the first pic. Maybe it's just the second pic looks like you're trying to air out your crotch?
They were very ill fitting off the rack in my opinion. I'm only 5'8" (maybe 5'7.5".....) so the 32" inseam caused them to bunch all around my knees and leg openings. I didn't have intent to wear them like one might wear denim. I don't generally stack (not even denim) nor do I cuff so I wear my pants with little or no break. High waters, for lack of better description. I just believe it to be a cleaner look. Like this:
31a8f5b8.jpg

Long inseams stacked (or cuffed more than .75") on a short(ish) person in my opinion only cause said person to appear shorter than they already are. I've seen enough pictures and observed enough people on the streets to realize this with certainty (in my own opinion). I've seen myself trying to wear 28x34 jeans and they look silly...stacked, cuffed, whatever - just too much fabric. I'm not big into denim but normally just stalk out Cultizm for some Nudies in 30" inseam (I digress..) But the cords may fit better than the pic leads you to believe. It's all just personal preference I guess...
0060e7df.jpg

Originally Posted by nghiem
I got my corded cloth's from Fahim's B/S sale for 150 and it was probably my best purchase of the year. Even better because it was size 28, which was really, really hard to find. Hey slack, did you size your chino's the same as the cords?
Yep - just the smallest size I could find at the time (29's). Would have preferred those 28's but I think they only made about 3 pair of each!

s3lam

Reaction score
Just received my Black Weapon Chinos from SSense however they sent me the West Point Chino version instead. The SSense tag even says it is the Weapon's version but I know it is not correct. I know to the naked eye they look the same however the Weapon's versions are made in Japan not Canada (on the tag anyways). And the little tag in the back pocket say W&H (west point) vs W+H (weapon). This should not be a big deal right but being able to compare both versions (I have both versions one in navy(weapon) and one in Khaki(west point)) I prefer the Weapon Chino because they fit a bit better and are slightly heavier in weight (IMO and I believe somebody stated this in a thread). Was trying to explain this to the customer service rep this morning but that was a disaster. The customer service rep could not sort this out (as you can imagine) so I am waiting for them to call me back with somebody that can. I just want to exchange the West Point Chino for the Weapon Chino.

AHShadow

Reaction score
Talking about the weapon chino's, I'm a real size 28 but I don't really mind if it sags a bit, should I go for the 29's since I can't find a 28 anywhere...also why are the Navy chino's not on sale on SSENSE, whereas the Khaki and Black chino's are?? Also does anyone know the opening on the chino's?

Thanks.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
slack they looked so much better before but like you said, just preference

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
J/w but if a size 29 APC NS fits me what size would you guys suggest for the Chinos via SSense? I am thinking just stick with size 32 (tts) or maybe drop all the way to 30?

ghostdog123

Reaction score
on account of the acrimony sale being no return, does anyone know the true measurements on the corded slim pants?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads