Wings + Horns F/W 2010

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by wurlwyde, Jul 19, 2010.

1. velomane

velomane Senior member

Hey guys, does anyone own the wool chinos?

I want to buy the black wool chinos in 32 but it seems like the leg is about a 31 on them, and I'm a 32 minimum - http://havenshop.ca/products/wool-chino

Can anyone advise?

edit: Also, with a 40' chest, what size should I go for in the Wool Fleece Sport Coat?

I'm not sure what you're asking, so I'll just say that I sized down to a 30 when most of the time, I wear 31's. I've got skinny legs, so the fit is good, however, anyone with meaty thighs should be careful, these are fairly slim.

2. Aries83

Aries83 Senior member

I'm not sure what you're asking, so I'll just say that I sized down to a 30 when most of the time, I wear 31's. I've got skinny legs, so the fit is good, however, anyone with meaty thighs should be careful, these are fairly slim.

Sorry I should clarify, I'm talking about the inseam. I fit into a 32, but the inseam on the 32s looks to be 31 inches, and my normal inseam length is a 32.

What is the inseam on your 30s?

3. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Sorry I should clarify, I'm talking about the inseam. I fit into a 32, but the inseam on the 32s looks to be 31 inches, and my normal inseam length is a 32.

link to stockist listing a 31" inseam on wool chinos?

4. Aries83

Aries83 Senior member

5. guyferguson

guyferguson Affiliate vendor

Size 32 - http://havenshop.ca/products/wool-chino

I think that must be a mistake. I just double checked two pairs and the inseam is definitely 32. Shoot me an email if you need a hand with anything else.

6. velomane

velomane Senior member

Size 30 wool chinos have an inseam of 31 inches.

7. Aries83

Aries83 Senior member

I think that must be a mistake. I just double checked two pairs and the inseam is definitely 32. Shoot me an email if you need a hand with anything else.
    Great, thanks Guy, I wasn't aware of your shop but I'll pm you for details. edit: Just to check Guy, did you measure the inseam on the waist 32s? The fourhorsemen site says 32s are out of stock.

8. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

The utility jacket is pretty awesome as well, a small fit me perfectly. Didn't end up buying it since i'm not really sure i want to spend that much on a jacket, been trying to find a krane emory bomber in 36.

I also agree with BB1, the cashmere sweater is top notch, although the fit is a bit weird. I found the sleeves to be a bit long, even though the sweater was already tight fitting.

9. URALLMORONS

URALLMORONS Senior member

Don't mean to sound like a cheap ass but does anyone know any online retailers that will be running a holiday sale that may stock the wool blazer? I am trying to maximize my dollar and purchase a few W&H pieces from one place and see if I can get a discount and maybe a shipping deal.

W&H Wool Blazer
    W&H Button Up
    W&H Cashmere or cotton tube scarf
    W&H Tiger Cardigan

10. wizzeak

wizzeak Senior member

I heard you should size up for w+h stuff? I'm 5'8 170, about a 40' chest, what size should I get for a hoodie/cardigan? I'm thinking about a large but I'm scared it will be way too big as I've never worn large before...

what size do you guys get for your height and weight (no homo)

11. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

I heard you should size up for w+h stuff? I'm 5'8 170, about a 40' chest, what size should I get for a hoodie/cardigan? I'm thinking about a large but I'm scared it will be way too big as I've never worn large before...

medium medium medium mediumdskjnfg dsf;gkdf g

12. Aries83

Aries83 Senior member

Medium. I'm 6'2 189 and a 40' chest, I go for large and it fits perfectly.

13. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

depends, some slim-fit items will not fit him in M

14. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

depends, some slim-fit items will not fit him in M

this is true i'm a 39" chest.
    i usually wear medium.

some w+h mediums fit way too tight.

15. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

I heard you should size up for w+h stuff? I'm 5'8 170, about a 40' chest, what size should I get for a hoodie/cardigan? I'm thinking about a large but I'm scared it will be way too big as I've never worn large before... what size do you guys get for your height and weight (no homo)
    This is a tough one. A picture would make things easier, so post if you have one. In my opinion you're going to be between sizes (M & L) in the sueded tiger fleece hoodies and shawls. So it depends on how much you layer. If you generally wear only a t-shirt, or something very thin, a medium would be okay, I think. But if you wear 2 layers or so beneath, you'd probably want to go to a large for a more comfortable fit. The sleeves on the tiger suede hoodies/shawls are really slim and snug so take that into account if you have large arms. If you're looking at the terry loop stuff (the more pricey hoodies/shawls), they have a lot of stretch compared to the sueded terry; so for those, I think a medium would be safe. Same goes for the cardigans. You could be between sizes. So it depends on how much you layer. If minimal layers, a medium in the chabanel or wool fleece cardi should be okay. But if you're in a really cold area, and plan to layer, you might consider a large. IMO post more info on your build and sizing before getting anything and risk having to return it. edit; I'm also looking for more information on the chinos. The wool version some people are stating it's a standard inseam of 32" for all waist sizes (28"-36"+). Others are stating the smaller waist sizes are sporting a 31" inseam. Also, I am trying to determine if the regular old chinos have a standard inseam of 32", or if they change in accordance with the waist size (for example would a waist size 28 or 29 have a 30" inseam instead of 32"). If anyone knows either of these definitively, please let me know - thanks. No stockists have returned my emails on the question for some reason. edit; the regular chinos (think they're called weapons chinos this year. last year they were called west points) -- the inseam does not differentiate with the waist size. Too bad. Still not quite sure about the inseam on the wool pants. Stockists and posters disagreeing above. Need short inseams gat dammit. The w/h leg openings are too slim to cuff and fit over a shoe and I don't get my casual chinos altered for a few reasons. Back to find some SS10' chinos with waist"=inseam" for me.