Wings + Horns F/W 2010

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by wurlwyde, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Gagno905

Gagno905 Senior member

Anybody regret getting the chambray parka? The sale price on Roden Grey is really tempting.

I was wondering how well it holds up to rain and if it's also made in China? A local outdoor brand told me the reason why hardshell style jackets aren't made in North America anymore is because all the good manufacturers that tapes seams are overseas now. It might explain why W+H didn't make it in Canada if it indeed is imported.

I've got the parka. It's made in china, but very well constructed, except for the buttons. This is anecdotal of course but 3 of mine have fallen off.

It fends off rain very well and dries quickly too. Really nice material, I love wearing mine.

2. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

i love the mountain parka.
    i wonder if it would work for snowboarding?

i have a taiga jacket that has taped seams made in canada and it's very good.
    maybe it's very expensive compared for the same quality?

3. URALLMORONS

URALLMORONS Senior member

selling a XL Chambray mountain parka in Black. too big. Worn in the snow once and it was amazing as a shell.

Now I need to cop a L or M.

4. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

tried on the wool chinos today, fit like a dream, and they are so comfortable.
    It's crossed my mind to bite the bullet and pay $290 + tax for them, ugh.... Terrible

Do they fit true to size?

5. velomane

velomane Senior member

Do they fit true to size?
    Not in the waist they don't. I'm normally a 31. I'm wearing a pair of 30's as I type this and the fit is spot on. Beware though, that if you have large thighs, they might be a little tight there.

6. 5tan

5tan Senior member

Not in the waist they don't. I'm normally a 31. I'm wearing a pair of 30's as I type this and the fit is spot on. Beware though, that if you have large thighs, they might be a little tight there.

Exactly.
    I'm a 31, but tried on a 30 since I couldnt find a 31. 30 Fit great. I was worried about the thigh fit, but still awesome. Going to need them asap.

7. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

So I'm ready to order the parka, should I be looking at a small or XS? I'd like to be able to layer when it's cold. Thanks.

8. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

So I'm ready to order the parka, should I be looking at a small or XS? I'd like to be able to layer when it's cold. Thanks.
    i wear a M in the parka. little big but allows for layering moleskin utility pant: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...4384&page=1635
    Come on man, one picture would have sufficed! Or a link to the post.
    Not everyone checks the WAYWT thread daily. Especially when a post get's buried 2 pages back in 15 minutes. That's why I posted the detailed shots of the moleskin utility pants here - in the W +H F/W 2010 thread where there were no non-stock photos of the pants. But removed the pics to spare this page of them.

9. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Come on man, one picture would have sufficed! Or a link to the post.

10. Sym

Sym Senior member

I love my Chambray Mountain Parka but am i the only one that thinks it sucks in the rain? I've only been in light rain and noticed it absorbs water rather than repel it like my arc'teryx.

11. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

I love my Chambray Mountain Parka but am i the only one that thinks it sucks in the rain? I've only been in light rain and noticed it absorbs water rather than repel it like my arc'teryx.

if it soaks in rain, no good for vancouver.

if it's not goretex or equivalent such as eVent, then it probably won't be as good.

12. Sym

Sym Senior member

if it soaks in rain, no good for vancouver.

if it's not goretex or equivalent such as eVent, then it probably won't be as good.

Its dynex which I guess is an imitation goretex. I think it's due to the fabric not being tightly woven to give it the Chambray look. I held both this and an Arc'Teryx up to light and you can clearly see the weave and its tiny holes on the Mountain Parka. The Arc'Teryx on the other hand is completely solid. Pretty disappointing considering an Arc'Teryx shell retails for less, then again, they are pretty ugly.

13. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

^^If that's true, definitely no bueno.

14. DCU

DCU Senior member

I'm currently looking for the heather gray 1x1 rib knit crewneck in sz. S. A lot of stores had this but I slept on it and now it seems to be sold out everywhere. Any help would be much appreciated. My only hope at the moment is a restock at Roden Gray.

15. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

I'm currently looking for the heather gray 1x1 rib knit crewneck in sz. S. A lot of stores had this but I slept on it and now it seems to be sold out everywhere. Any help would be much appreciated. My only hope at the moment is a restock at Roden Gray.

It's sold out everywhere I see too.

Consider the thermal or chabanel..