Wings + Horns F/W 2010

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by wurlwyde, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

I have the wool down vest, made in China, and I can't tell a difference in quality. It's all in your guy's heads but somewhere, deep down, I think you already know that. If you like it, buy it, but don't pretend you know about what makes it higher or lesser quality because of its geographic origin.

2. URALLMORONS

URALLMORONS Senior member

About to re-cop the Chambray Mountain Parka in a smaller size and the Wool Sportscoat.....Hope they fit like Roden Gray told me it would.

3. benjamin831

benjamin831 Senior member

About to re-cop the Chambray Mountain Parka in a smaller size and the Wool Sportscoat.....Hope they fit like Roden Gray told me it would.

Post a fit pic if you get the chance!

4. 97laxlude

97laxlude Senior member

Any idea how I should size in the W+H Thermal Cardigan?
    I'm 6'2" 180 (lean/athletic) 42" chest. I was looking at the XL but some of you have mentioned that some pieces stretch a good amount. I'm a Large in Epaulet shirts if that helps.

5. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

where did you kop?

i really love that jacket, but I can't justify 400$ for it.

6. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

I'm 6'2" 180 (lean/athletic) 42" chest. I was looking at the XL but some of you have mentioned that some pieces stretch a good amount. I'm a Large in Epaulet shirts if that helps.

go talk to Fahim over at Roden Gray.
    they have a thread.

he's awesome, will get you the perfect fit.

7. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

IMO all W+H pieces with the exception of a few outerwear fit me best in XL and were the exact same measurements. I wouldn't go TTS.

8. URALLMORONS

URALLMORONS Senior member

where did you kop?

i really love that jacket, but I can't justify 400$ for it.

Roden Gray for $400. Considering it was once 550ish im happy with the 400 price.

9. Gmas

Gmas Senior member

Does anybody know a store that still has the light blue oxford shirt in sz. S?
    Try Nomad in Toronto maybe. They bought pretty heavy into this season so there's a good chance they still might. Webstore isn't up yet so you'll have to call. TNT BLU here in Toronto also carries W+H, as does Holt Renfrew (Note: TNT usually has terrible pricing, but have a 25% off storewide sale on right now).

10. DCU

DCU Senior member

Thought you might luck and out and find it at Haven but they're sold out too. I just did a run through all the stockist and am coming up short...sorry.

Try Nomad in Toronto maybe. They bought pretty heavy into this season so there's a good chance they still might. Webstore isn't up yet so you'll have to call. TNT BLU here in Toronto also carries W+H, as does Holt Renfrew (Note: TNT usually has terrible pricing, but have a 25% off storewide sale on right now).

Thanks for the tips. I will try to contact Nomad.

11. auc2mic

auc2mic Well-Known Member

Anyone know if W+H are going to be re-releasing the tiger fleece blanket any time soon? It's one of the few items I regret missing out on

12. hooya2

hooya2 Senior member

the vest is dope

13. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

Anybody regret getting the chambray parka? The sale price on Roden Grey is really tempting.

I was wondering how well it holds up to rain and if it's also made in China? A local outdoor brand told me the reason why hardshell style jackets aren't made in North America anymore is because all the good manufacturers that tapes seams are overseas now. It might explain why W+H didn't make it in Canada if it indeed is imported.

14. 97laxlude

97laxlude Senior member

Yeah, this is what I heard a year or two ago when searching for snowboarding gear. I used to live in Salt Lake so I used to look/use a lot of different brands that featured taped seams. I don't remember a single one being manufactured in North America. Being manufactured in North America doesn't always mean well built. I've had plenty of stuff made this side of the globe completely crap out or fall apart well before it was suppose to. This is especially true with cars.

Anybody regret getting the chambray parka? The sale price on Roden Grey is really tempting.

I was wondering how well it holds up to rain and if it's also made in China? A local outdoor brand told me the reason why hardshell style jackets aren't made in North America anymore is because all the good manufacturers that tapes seams are overseas now. It might explain why W+H didn't make it in Canada if it indeed is imported.

15. 5tan

5tan Senior member

tried on the wool chinos today, fit like a dream, and they are so comfortable.
    It's crossed my mind to bite the bullet and pay $290 + tax for them, ugh.... Terrible