1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wings + Horns Denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ken, Dec 6, 2007.

1. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

Am I correct in thinking that these are NOT the same cut as the denim wings + horns put out this fall? I tried a pair of those on and they were quite slim in the body and def. had a tapered leg. Measurements for these look like its a different cut.

I think you're right Korce. I tried on a size 30 at a store here and a size 30 APC NS and found the two fits to be quite different. The w+h's were tapered and had an overall better slim fit. I saw measurements posted and the ones I tried on were definitely not anywhere near 8.5 inches for the hem.

They were sold out of 31s though which is why I was jumping when I saw these proxies, but I don't think they're the same jeans.

2. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Definitley aren't the same jeans. These are straight-leg.

3. brimley

brimley Senior member

Anybody making pickups? Looking for a pair of the waxed black straights, looking to spend around $100 USD shipped. PM if you can help.

4. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

The buttons are capped with flanged headers that fit over the button like a bottle cap. One of them popped off. It looks to be an anomaly, though, because the others look solid. I'll need to attach it with steel epoxy, or something, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
    Not an anomaly, same thing just happened to me. Can't get the damned thing back on. Apparently I need to find some epoxy...

5. Ispy

Ispy Senior member

Can someone who soaked these provide pre and post soak measures? I'm mostly interested in inseam measure post soak. My understanding was that they are sanforized but I was told when I bought them to expect some shrinkage.

cheers

6. TxdoHawk

TxdoHawk Senior member

The owner of W+H told me to size down at least 1, so I'll take his word for it...
    Based on my experience with the jeans, I'd say size down 1. I've only been wearing these jeans for maybe 3 weeks, but the waist definitely did some stretching. Not "holy crap I need a belt now" bad, but enough that the fit around the hips now looks and feels loose and crappy. Pretty disappointing, as while the jeans were snug & stiff initially I enjoyed the fit.

7. rioni

rioni Senior member

I'm looking to purchase a pair - what's the best place to pick these up online? the site posted earlier in this thread seems to be down.

8. bure

bure Senior member

9. blank

blank Senior member

These still available in a 31x34 or 32x34, NWT? I'd like to pick up a pair -- weren't they at $90 or so just recently on the forum?

10. rioni

rioni Senior member

11. blank

blank Senior member

I would buy them for $120. I need a dressy jean.

12. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

The reason they were cheap on here was reselling from a sample sale. That has absolutely no bearing on their retail value. If you got them at 150 you'd be getting a steal, at 175 they're still a bargain. I'm very impressed with mine.

13. bure

bure Senior member

was looking for them closer to 120... they must not be discounted very often :/

These still available in a 31x34 or 32x34, NWT? I'd like to pick up a pair -- weren't they at $90 or so just recently on the forum?

The ones that were $75 at the W+H Sample sale in Vancouver were the straight legs. Blackbird has the slim ones. I went to the sale and they only had them on the first day if I recall. I didn't end up taking any since the fit was unflattering (but possibly fixable with tapering). Good luck guys

14. cancel.sing

cancel.sing Senior member

Just bought a pair of Wings + Horns raw indigos from TNT Blu here in Toronto at 40% off. They're absolutely beautiful; the fit is perfect, the details are fantastic... I'm so happy. Sized down 1.

The denim is quite soft for raw and beautifully textured.

15. dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67 Senior member

those shoes are nice, but they definitely don't look suited to handle that level of snow.

16. Ispy

Ispy Senior member

Not an anomaly, same thing just happened to me. Can't get the damned thing back on. Apparently I need to find some epoxy...

Hmmm... Thje button issue continues. Just lost the cap off of my top button this morning. I'm also having a little trouble getting it back on. I'll have to give it a shot later.

17. wttm

wttm Senior member

Anybody got any straight leg indiglo they're willing to part with?

18. blank

blank Senior member

Help! Anyone have a fit pic of the straight-leg indigo? I am talking about this jean, not the skinnier. [​IMG]

19. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Help! Anyone have a fit pic of the straight-leg indigo? I am talking about this jean, not the skinnier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think that's the same one.

20. Teger

Teger Senior member

the slim fit w+h jeans we just got in are probably the best fitting skinny jean I have /ever/ tried on. seriously I've been raving about these for days. they are so fucking dope and the price is killer.