• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings and Horns FW 09

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whynot
Thanks guys for all the help with the sizing info. After reading your responses and looking at the fit pics I'm not sure about the MK-2 anymore. The shoulders seem to be a little narrow for the shape of the coat for me. I'm 6' and about 150 lbs. I wear a 40 in jackets usually but a 31 in jeans.

Medium would fit my body better but the shoulders would be too narrow.

The large would help with the shoulders but probably would make a somewhat 'boxy' coat more boxy on me.

I tried on a Sterlingwear pea coat (sized down to 38) and the shoulders fit well (somewhat snug but movement was ok for the most part) but the rest of the coat didn't fit well through the body, too wide, dress-like. I think the MK-2 will have a similar effect.

Damn.

It really depends on your body shape, moreso then weight. I am about 170 lbs, a true 48Eu (fitted), and 31-32 in jeans. My real chest is about 39". The jacket in a medium was fitted through the shoulders and chest, but a little too boxy in the body. On the other hand, the jacket looked great on my younger brother, who is close to me in body type, except that he is about 160 lbs, and doesn't work out (so he has less chest and shoulders than do I). The jacket fit relaxed, but well, pretty much everywhere.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's time for someone who wears a medium to jump on the Cowichan.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surprised no one here has picked up the cowichan (that I know of), looks like a nice piece.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
It's time for someone who wears a medium to jump on the Cowichan.

Originally Posted by snake
Surprised no one here has picked up the cowichan (that I know of), looks like a nice piece.

I've had an eye out for a while, but the only thing that holds me back every time is that hood. If it was a mock neck or crew neck, I wouldn't think twice. Also, sizing is confusing, Context says to size up (I've sized up from my typical small to medium in all W+H pieces this season) but measurements on there and Farinelli seem to make me think it fits more true to normal size. Hmm.

cottonadam

Reaction score
I had the wool bd shirt in my cart, went back to the item again and clicked the size drop down menu and no sizes showed up. I checked out with it still in my cart but I don't have a good feeling about it actually still being available when I submitted. Too slow I reckon.

whynot

Reaction score
My Wool MK2 in Medium may be going up for sale soon.

Such a nice coat too. As usual, my longer than normal arms are the problem, the sleeves are a bit short on me.

Gingahbman

Reaction score
I usually have that same problem, so I usually end up sacrificing a perfect fit to have the right length.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We've got a new thread for this
smile.gif

whynot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
Tried on the chambray M-65 today. Thought the fit was pretty ****** and the zipper sucked. Only real piece from this fall I was disappointed in.

Since the MK-2 may not work out for me, I was planning on maybe picking up the M-65.

Would you please elaborate on the fit (related to your measurements) and aside from the zipper, was the rest of the quality nice?

whynot

Reaction score
GravityPope has the M-65 in Medium and Large for sale if you call or email them.

Would it be difficult to bring in the waist of the coat if one sizes up?

yusuke

Reaction score
Anyone know anyplace that has W&H thermals in small?

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In case some people didn't see, Stel's has the Award Jacket in black/grey on sale for $300 in a couple of sizes last time I checked.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads