• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings and Horns FW 09

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dangydang
How does the sizing on the Thermal Pro hoodies run, especially compared to the tiger fleece hoodies? I have an older slim fit small tiger fleece from 3 years ago, but not sure whether to go for a small or medium for the thermal pro. Is the material as stretchy or does it feel tighter?
I think this is personal preference, depending on how you want to layer. I would compare measurements and try and figure it from there. I've heard to size up in the tiger fleece as well as the zip cardigan, and I have both in XS. I dig it because I can wear, say, a thermal, then fleece/hoodie, then like a flannel over it. But I also have an older Spruce hoodie I sized up on which I also like to wear in different instances. edit: but I have no actual experience with the thermal pro, I'm just saying not everyone will necessarily want to size up

blake

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
all tiger fleece is currently over 40% off. Here is what we have in stock; two tone tiger fleece royal/heather grey small-1 med-2 two tone tiger fleece black/heather grey small-1 medium-2 xlarge-1 hoodie (solid color) heather grey medium-1 x-large-1 they were all 179.00 now they are 99.00. call or email with questions. thanks.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where can I find the olive chinos in size 29 or 30?

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone seen this NdG x Wings and Horns piece on sale in a size small?
34zk0ti.jpg

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pronxs
just wanna ask. have w+h ever made tiger hoodies for spring/summer? am in asia but dig the hoodie.
Yes.
40930_1.jpg
picture-47.png
tiger-fleece-hoodie-783876.jpg
and some other terry hoodies I can't find pictures of

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by melonadejello
Yes.

and some other terry hoodies I can't find pictures of

thanks. so are they still called tiger hoodies or terry hoodies?

whynot

Reaction score
Any owners of the wool MK-2 share their thoughts on sizing. I've seen the measurements on Context. I normally wear a size medium in jackets and coats but the measurements look like a Large would fit better. I would like a fitted look, but not at the expense of being able to left my arms for example.

MK-2 owners, TTS or size up?

Uker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whynot
Any owners of the wool MK-2 share their thoughts on sizing. I've seen the measurements on Context. I normally wear a size medium in jackets and coats but the measurements look like a Large would fit better. I would like a fitted look, but not at the expense of being able to left my arms for example.

MK-2 owners, TTS or size up?

I stayed true to size and wish I sized down for a tighter fit around the torso. I have fit pics up earlier in the thread...

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any owners of the wool MK-2 share their thoughts on sizing. I've seen the measurements on Context. I normally wear a size medium in jackets and coats but the measurements look like a Large would fit better. I would like a fitted look, but not at the expense of being able to left my arms for example. MK-2 owners, TTS or size up?
While Small W+H pieces usually fit me just fine, I found the MK2 to be a bit boxy and probably would have been able to fit in an XS comfortably. It differs person to person but I'd say go TTS if you're planning on layering and would like some extra room in the shoulders and size down if you want a slimmer silhouette.

Gingahbman

Reaction score
Any owners of the wool MK-2 share their thoughts on sizing. I've seen the measurements on Context. I normally wear a size medium in jackets and coats but the measurements look like a Large would fit better. I would like a fitted look, but not at the expense of being able to left my arms for example. MK-2 owners, TTS or size up?
I bought my MK2 in the same size as I did my tiger terry (large), and I'm glad I did. Though the medium would have probably been nicer if I was just wearing a dress shirt underneath, by me it's cold so we wear layers. I got a nice snug fit by the time I put on a shirt, thin sweater, and a scarf. Though I agree that the garment is slightly boxy, I think as the wool softens the shape will get better. Already my jacket looks better than the day I bought it. Which size you buy is going to determine how you layer. Worse comes to worse just buy it from a website that has a good exchange policy.

whynot

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the help with the sizing info. After reading your responses and looking at the fit pics I'm not sure about the MK-2 anymore. The shoulders seem to be a little narrow for the shape of the coat for me. I'm 6' and about 150 lbs. I wear a 40 in jackets usually but a 31 in jeans.

Medium would fit my body better but the shoulders would be too narrow.

The large would help with the shoulders but probably would make a somewhat 'boxy' coat more boxy on me.

I tried on a Sterlingwear pea coat (sized down to 38) and the shoulders fit well (somewhat snug but movement was ok for the most part) but the rest of the coat didn't fit well through the body, too wide, dress-like. I think the MK-2 will have a similar effect.

Damn.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads