• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings and Horns FW 09

obnavox3

Reaction score
It's the same. It's just Context's picture looks better and it looks like they used a bright flash on it.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by obnavox3
It's the same.
It's different. The one on Farinelli's is the new shawl neck tiger fleece, while Context seems to have the classic design. The shawl neck one: - has a shawl neck - has rounded pockets - has white contrast zipper taping - has drawstrings

revamp

Reaction score
I could be wrong... But the pockets on Context look horizontal while the ones on Farinelli's look rounded.

obnavox3

Reaction score
Yeah they are slightly different it looks like. Regardless, they're both nice.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by revamp
Anyone know if both are new for F/W 2009?
I believe so. The non-shawl one is termed "F/Z Tiger Fleece" by a couple of places, but looks the same as past season tiger fleeces to me. No idea what "F/Z" stands for.

Zintintin

Reaction score
I am sure it's been posted 100x in this thread but how slim are the Tiger Spruce zip up/shawl pullover hoodies? I sit around 205Lbs 6'2.. about a 42L jacket. Would an XL be best?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
Couple of photos of the cotton cash pocket tee. This thing is incredibly soft! Nice and relaxed--I went TTS (Large)
Looks good from here. Nice pickup. So have you tried other W+H items this season then? Were you a size larger on other pieces even though your TTS on this one then? Just trying to get it in perspective.
Originally Posted by Zintintin
I am sure it's been posted 100x in this thread but how slim are the Tiger Spruce zip up/shawl pullover hoodies? I sit around 205Lbs 6'2.. about a 42L jacket.
So you haven't check on those 100x times then I assume? Online shopping is best handled by comparing clothing you have around the house and taking measurements and comparing with measurements available for the product. When I purchased my first W+H hoodie on this forum and before I knew about all the online retailers I do now, I searched for a bit to find similar items that have appeared in the B&S and throughout the forums. Context, Farinelli's, Four Horseman, Detour, these affiliates are more than happy to help with sizing on products and have measurments available on their site often or always if you really need a handle on things after all that.

Zintintin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Looks good from here. Nice pickup. So have you tried other W+H items this season then? Were you a size larger on other pieces even though your TTS on this one then? Just trying to get it in perspective.

So you haven't check on those 100x times then I assume? Online shopping is best handled by comparing clothing you have around the house and taking measurements and comparing with measurements available for the product. When I purchased my first W+H hoodie on this forum and before I knew about all the online retailers I do now, I searched for a bit to find similar items that have appeared in the B&S and throughout the forums.

Context, Farinelli's, Four Horseman, Detour, these affiliates are more than happy to help with sizing on products if you really need a handle on things after all that.

I am actually at Farinelli's right now and see they have measurements up. Thanks for the suggestions.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Django
Why is the wool CPO sized so tiny? Who is going to wear a melton wool shirt as their only layer? Just seems poorly thought out.

I would definitely wear it alone with just a tee underneath.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've purchased quite a bit from this season. Navy Full Zip Cardi, Static Short Sleeve tees, Cotton Cash long sleeve, Diamond Knit Henley.

I've been true to size (Large) in everything except the Navy Full Zip Cardi. I sized up to XL on that and the fit is perfect. I was thinking about getting the Melton Wool button down and maybe the MK-2 and was considering sizing up to an XL on both of those as well.

Basically its similar to season's past. I am a large in mostly everything with a few exceptions (XL in the Terry blazer, Medium in the thermal from S/S)

Damn, I just realized how much W+H I own.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zintintin
I am actually at Farinelli's right now and see they have measurements up. Thanks for the suggestions.

Good man. I'm not into hoodies anymore so I haven't stayed in tune with the sizing on these or would have given you more info. Check Context too and Four Horseman. If they don't work out, any of the shops can you help you out.

Zintintin

Reaction score
Good man. I'm not into hoodies anymore so I haven't stayed in tune with the sizing on these or would have given you more info. Check Context too and Four Horseman. If they don't work out, any of the shops can you help you out.

I am not into hoodies much they are just so damn convenient in my evil cold climate. I live about 5 minutes from the place I lecture on weekends and they're perfect for rolling out of bed for a 5 minute walk in -25C weather.
laugh.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
I've purchased quite a bit from this season. Navy Full Zip Cardi, Static Short Sleeve tees, Cotton Cash long sleeve, Diamond Knit Henley.

I've been true to size (Large) in everything except the Navy Full Zip Cardi. I sized up to XL on that and the fit is perfect. I was thinking about getting the Melton Wool button down and maybe the MK-2 and was considering sizing up to an XL on both of those as well.

Basically its similar to season's past. I am a large in mostly everything with a few exceptions (XL in the Terry blazer, Medium in the thermal from S/S)

Damn, I just realized how much W+H I own.

I would not size up on the MK-2 - it is not really that slim, though sizing up might make it more relaxed throughout. If you wish to use the Melton wool BDU as a middle layer, definitely size up, though the thing looks good as a slim shirt in an unusual fabric as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads