• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings and Horns FW 09

crimpologist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by podpod
Just a heads up guys, Roden Gray got a bunch of more Wings+Horns stuff in. They also recevied some Nom de Guerre x Wings+Horns collab stuff, hoodies and some cardigans. I picked up a flannel myself, the material is very soft and it's a more slim/relaxed fit. Although already, there's that flannel linty build up stuff. The varsity jacket was there as well, I tried on the medium and although it fit alright I bet a small would've been better, but the size was gone (not a surprise). On a side note, those NDGxW+H hoodies are great quality, they had a grey and black one that felt very heavy and thick (great for the winter time) and the stitching was phenomenal. Maybe I'll pick up one when I get some money freed up.

Nice! How much was one of the NDG x W+H hoodies that you speak of?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought the thread lacked some fit pics so here are a few from my season's pick ups. Both are a size medium. I typically wear smalls in most if not all brands and sized up one to a medium in these based on others (most notably Farinelli's) recommendations. Black Thermal Henley
100_1505.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...s/100_1506.jpg http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...s/100_1507.jpg Grey Thermal Crewneck
100_1508.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...s/100_1510.jpg http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...s/100_1511.jpg

wttm

Reaction score
The black with the white accent looks really bad IMO.
The grey looks awesome though.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wttm
The black with the white accent looks really bad IMO. The grey looks awesome though.
I was put off from it at first, but it's grown on me. The patches on the black I didn't mind, it was the button placket, but I've come to terms with it. They aren't white accents though, they're gray. I absolutely love that gray one though, by far my favorite of the two.

nonissue

Reaction score
grey thermal looks awesome man. shoulda bought it when i had ze chance.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The placket does seem a bit much, but the elbow patches add a nice touch.

wttm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
I was put off from it at first, but it's grown on me. The patches on the black I didn't mind, it was the button placket, but I've come to terms with it. They aren't white accents though, they're gray.

I absolutely love that gray one though, by far my favorite of the two.

Yeah the elbow patch are definitely fine. I'm put off by the button placket as well, but I'm glad you're happy with them. How would you compare on this years' thermal to other seasons?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some fit pics of the Melton Award Jacket, it is the W&H x Cool Cats so just ignore the giant badge and you get the Melton Award in blue/brown. I think it looks great in these pics.
cool-cats-wings-horns-varsity-jacket-1.jpg

cool-cats-wings-horns-varsity-jacket-2.jpg

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one that's not crazy about the award jackets? I guess it's just not my thing..

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
Am I the only one that's not crazy about the award jackets? I guess it's just not my thing..
Nope, I don't like 'em either. Would much rather have a TOJ.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads