Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Wings and Horns FW 09

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ppllzz, Apr 21, 2009.

1. ltb

ltb Senior member

Just a quick question for you guys. Are you all still digging the Tiger Fleece or are you over it???
    I bought one last year and love it - no intention of buying another one this year, though.

randomkoreandude, I got the last small in that cardigan from Context, sorry [​IMG] - hope you can find one.

2. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

yeah i foudn it at detour thanks man

3. randomkoreandude

anyone have worn pics of the w+h toques from this season?

4. james_timothy

james_timothy Senior member

5. randomkoreandude

^check out the Four Horseman blog.

how does this help? all the pics online show the toques laying flat. i just want to see it worn on someone cuz they are a lot larger than i expected.

6. crimpologist

crimpologist Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, I just got the zip up bomber style fleece and I have noticed that the zipper has a metallic almost "piss-like" smell to it. Anyone notice that? I have asked my wife, brothers and a couple of friends and they all agree that the zipper smells like piss. It smelled that way brand new so I washed it and still smells like that. Anything I can do to get rid of the smell?

7. Razele

Razele Senior member

This is by far and large the most bizzare thing anyone has posted in some time.

8. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

if it is a navy size medium just sell it to me. (sorry I wasn't any realistic help but it is a solution nonetheless [​IMG])

9. crimpologist

This is by far and large the most bizzare thing anyone has posted in some time.

I know it is bizarre. Thought it might be the way the zippers are manufactured or something. On the other hand the jacket is amazing top-notch quality, it's just the smell of the zipper.

10. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

^honest suggestion, dry having it dry cleaned once to see if that will eliminate the smell.

11. crimpologist

Sorry its heather grey. Thanks for the suggestion though [​IMG]
    if it is a navy size medium just sell it to me.

(sorry I wasn't any realistic help but it is a solution nonetheless [​IMG])

12. crimpologist

Thanks a lot might try that. It may just work.

^honest suggestion, dry having it dry cleaned once to see if that will eliminate the smell.

13. robin

robin Senior member

Actually, it's not that weird. Intrinsically, metal has no smell on its own but some types can catalyze body oils (from your fingers) and change them into things ketone and aldehydes, which is probably what you're smelling. This will vary from person to person.

Just change the zipper out for one that doesn't stink after you touch it.

14. crimpologist

Actually, it's not that weird. Intrinsically, metal has no smell on its own but some types can catalyze body oils (from your fingers) and change them into things ketone and aldehydes, which is probably what you're smelling. This will vary from person to person. Just change the zipper out for one that doesn't stink after you touch it.
    Hey thanks, but are you saying I'm the one who smells like piss?[​IMG] . just kidding. I'll try the dry-cleaners to see how that works. If not, I was thinking of swapping out the zippers as a last resort anyways. Again thanks a lot for the information on the metal; learn something new everyday.[​IMG]

15. podpod

podpod Well-Known Member

Just a heads up guys, Roden Gray got a bunch of more Wings+Horns stuff in. They also recevied some Nom de Guerre x Wings+Horns collab stuff, hoodies and some cardigans. I picked up a flannel myself, the material is very soft and it's a more slim/relaxed fit. Although already, there's that flannel linty build up stuff. The varsity jacket was there as well, I tried on the medium and although it fit alright I bet a small would've been better, but the size was gone (not a surprise). On a side note, those NDGxW+H hoodies are great quality, they had a grey and black one that felt very heavy and thick (great for the winter time) and the stitching was phenomenal. Maybe I'll pick up one when I get some money freed up.