• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wing Chairs

shoesies

Reaction score
Post up your wing chair photos! I am currently looking to find one identical to the picture below, however it's not easy! If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it!

x.jpg

maxnharry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like them too and have been looking for one. Hope to find one soon.

1BNY23

Reaction score

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The first thought that comes to mind is Ethan Allen because they do traditional styles like this. I would guess that wing chairs are so "out" they are due to come back "in." Wait a few years and maybe you will see them everywhere. A quick look on the Ethan Allen website shows some choices. The closest thing is probably this, which can be made up in leather w/ nail head trim. If you could learn some magic words, such as the name of the maker of this particular chair, or the right terms to describe the various details, you might find one secondhand with the help of auction sites like ebay.

freshcutgrass

Reaction score
Not a big fan of the Ye Old English style wing chairs, but I'd gladly add one of these Frits Henningsen versions to my chair collection....

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have this chair from Restoration Hardware. I love the chair and although I bought it discounted I wish I was able to find it for less.

prod1362042fall07mt9.jpg

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I don't like how the wings obscure my peripheral vision. I need to be on the lookout for enemy agents (and ninjas) at all times.

Lots of supervillains employ wing chairs. I believe the key skill is owl-like hearing combined with nightingale floors.

freshcutgrass

Reaction score
I notice you are in Toronto...plenty of resources for that sort of chair...both new and vintage at good prices. You just missed the Ritchie's auction mid September...they had a couple of nice ones that went for reasonable $'s, including a very nice Georgian one from the Robertson Davies estate for about $5k.

shoesies

Reaction score
freshcutgrass > fill me in! where can I look?

freshcutgrass

Reaction score
Where would I start? What's your budget...new or vintage/second hand?

shoesies

Reaction score
Anything to start - places to look for furniture like this, auctions, etc?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads