1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wine & Spirits for a Wedding Reception

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Xiaogou, Aug 20, 2010.

1. ama

ama Senior member

One last thing. What do I do about demi-sec Champagne? Rose is not sweet enough for my mother in law. In fact she asked me yesterday how much Asti I was going to have there [​IMG]
    Veuve Clicquot I think you'll like the Bowmore a lot, old Bowmores are incredible.

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

You could get Taittinger's demi-sec.

3. ama

ama Senior member

One other thing, is this event in PA or NJ? I ask because PA has some hellish liquor laws and you might have a hard time getting all this stuff into the state.

4. Xiaogou

Xiaogou Senior member

One other thing, is this event in PA or NJ? I ask because PA has some hellish liquor laws and you might have a hard time getting all this stuff into the state.

In Ohio [​IMG]

5. ama

ama Senior member

In Columbus, Ohio [​IMG]

Oh haha, I thought it was the Easton area of PA-NJ!

6. ruben

ruben Senior member

I

They won't even let me supply my own alcohol.

Um, have you gone over the alcohol with them yet?

I've run into issues where hotels/venues/catereers will only work with a few suppliers, limiting what they can and can't get.
    I'd assume they'd probably add a cork fee at the least, if not a substantial price increase.
    Granted, this is all based on my limited experience event planning and selling wine, in another part of the country, years ago, but you might want to go over it with the hotel just to be safe.