• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wine Pod

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Check this out:

WinePod___Comple_4926ecbb7fbdf.jpg

Product detail here:

http://winepod.net/7-winepod-product...ypage.tpl.html

There's video of the whole process on the website too. IMO, tempting, but getting quality grapes, very fresh, is going to be problematic and the bottle neck for the whole process, unless you live in wine country or grow your own.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They seem to have thought of that and are willing to sell you grapes as well.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
They seem to have thought of that and are willing to sell you grapes as well.

I saw that. I'm leery of both the sourcing, the actual quality by the time it gets to you, and of course, the ungodly mark up. It's a good business model though. Sell the hardware, and then keep a revenue stream going by selling the consumable needed for each use.

Still interesting as hell.

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would probably rather spend the $6000+ on a few dozen (or a couple hundred) great bottles of wine. But for the man who has everything . . .

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by King Francis
I would probably rather spend the $6000+ on a few dozen (or a couple hundred) great bottles of wine. But for the man who has everything . . .

It is a (relatively) inexpensive way to actually try wine making, and it seems that if you had a very small vineyard plot, a couple of the 2k deals, on that page, would work pretty good for you. The software seems handy too, to hold your hand through the process the first time. I've read some serious books on wine making, and while not rocket science, I sure would appreciate some help through the first few batches.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is something I will be trying in a few years, though probably lower-tech than the pod. Right now I'm trying to get the vines sorted --- like a fool I am wedded to vinifera, and here, that's hard.

~ H

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
This is something I will be trying in a few years, though probably lower-tech than the pod. Right now I'm trying to get the vines sorted --- like a fool I am wedded to vinifera, and here, that's hard.

~ H

Very nice Hunts. Have you read on the various pruning methods, etc? I was amazed.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here's a totally different way to go, although you would pretty much need to live in the San Francisco area to make this work.

http://www.crushpadwine.com/

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
Here's a totally different way to go, although you would pretty much need to live in the San Francisco area to make this work.

http://www.crushpadwine.com/

Thanks for posting this Mark. I've read them before, and it really seems like a great concept, doesn't it? Sort of like the "brewing centers" of 10 years ago, where you'd go in and brew beer using a storefront's stuff and storage. If I lived in SF, I'd seriously consider looking into it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads