• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Wine Pod

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Check this out:

Product detail here:

http://winepod.net/7-winepod-product...ypage.tpl.html

There's video of the whole process on the website too. IMO, tempting, but getting quality grapes, very fresh, is going to be problematic and the bottle neck for the whole process, unless you live in wine country or grow your own.

Mark from Plano

Lifestyle change - no homo
Reaction score
They seem to have thought of that and are willing to sell you grapes as well.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
They seem to have thought of that and are willing to sell you grapes as well.

I saw that. I'm leery of both the sourcing, the actual quality by the time it gets to you, and of course, the ungodly mark up. It's a good business model though. Sell the hardware, and then keep a revenue stream going by selling the consumable needed for each use.

Still interesting as hell.

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would probably rather spend the $6000+ on a few dozen (or a couple hundred) great bottles of wine. But for the man who has everything . . .

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by King Francis
I would probably rather spend the $6000+ on a few dozen (or a couple hundred) great bottles of wine. But for the man who has everything . . .

It is a (relatively) inexpensive way to actually try wine making, and it seems that if you had a very small vineyard plot, a couple of the 2k deals, on that page, would work pretty good for you. The software seems handy too, to hold your hand through the process the first time. I've read some serious books on wine making, and while not rocket science, I sure would appreciate some help through the first few batches.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is something I will be trying in a few years, though probably lower-tech than the pod. Right now I'm trying to get the vines sorted --- like a fool I am wedded to vinifera, and here, that's hard.

~ H

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
This is something I will be trying in a few years, though probably lower-tech than the pod. Right now I'm trying to get the vines sorted --- like a fool I am wedded to vinifera, and here, that's hard.

~ H

Very nice Hunts. Have you read on the various pruning methods, etc? I was amazed.

Mark from Plano

Lifestyle change - no homo
Reaction score
Here's a totally different way to go, although you would pretty much need to live in the San Francisco area to make this work.

http://www.crushpadwine.com/

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
Here's a totally different way to go, although you would pretty much need to live in the San Francisco area to make this work.

http://www.crushpadwine.com/

Thanks for posting this Mark. I've read them before, and it really seems like a great concept, doesn't it? Sort of like the "brewing centers" of 10 years ago, where you'd go in and brew beer using a storefront's stuff and storage. If I lived in SF, I'd seriously consider looking into it.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 275 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40