1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Windsor Smith Quality

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TimelessStyle, Jan 17, 2016.

1. TimelessStyle

TimelessStyle New Member

Hi,

Looking to get a pair of Windsor Smith Storm-welted brogues in brown for smart casual wear.

Keen to know what you all think of the durability.

http://www.windsorsmith.com.au/bristol-138198

Are these good value or should I spend more?

I'm in Australia btw.

2. WillisAU

WillisAU Well-Known Member

3. TimelessStyle

TimelessStyle New Member

Thanks Willis, great article! Will have to assess my options in WA, or buy some on holiday [​IMG]

4. WillisAU

WillisAU Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know what you mean. I recently purchased some Loake's online, then had to resell at a loss due to getting the size wrong. Might try Meermin next, which can be had for around $300 delivered (depends on the AUD vs USD). Really important to read up on the sizing differences between brands and even lasts within those brands.

5. TimelessStyle

TimelessStyle New Member

Bugger, that sucks. Someone got a bargain though! A bit afraid of buying shoes online, true what you say about learning up on different brands sizing. The Aussie dollar isn't helping with overseas purchases right now either.