• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Windsor Custom in Manhattan

ctopher2391

Reaction score
What do you guys think of this deal? For full-canvas it sounds pretty good. Anyone have experience with them? I'm either going this route or WW Chan next.

Custom suiting and shirting can be a daunting process. Sometimes you need to take a minute to sit down and think over your options without being strangled by a tape measure. Then, perhaps, while mulling things over, you’ll sip a tumbler of whiskey, shoot some pool, order some chicken tenders and catch the second half of whatever’s on...

It’s all part of the process at Windsor Custom—the subterranean clubhouse of handsomeness hidden beneath Chelsea’s mega-gastropub the Ainsworth. A process that will result in this Perk:

A full-canvas construction custom suit (a gratis upgrade from the standard halfer).
A gratis custom shirt to go along with your new custom suit. (Both the suit and shirt are made in America.)
A one-hour fitting session where you’ll sit down with Windsor Custom’s director (a Ralph Lauren alum) to hammer out all of the details—you’ll choose fabrics and everything from cuff type to lapel width—while enjoying full use of the clubhouse’s amenities and drinks, and food from upstairs (including sliders and those chicken tenders). Oh, and you’ll probably catch some college hoops in the process...

Last edited:

ctopher2391

Reaction score
If you're inferring that I'm on their payroll, I am not :) I couldn't find a single review on the place anywhere.

I should have added in my original post - the price is $1,300 on urbandaddy.

Last edited:

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

...  I couldn't find a single review on the place anywhere.

This is probably a good indication that you may want to stay away. However, if you feel adventurous, make at least sure you see some of their work product before you commission.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I went for a Groupon deal on custom shirts (from a different outfit), and even at 2 for $100 it was a crappy deal in the end. My shirts don't fit very well, and the fabric feels like polyester. Not saying that this is what you'll experience, but $1400 is a lot to gamble on an unknown product.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads