• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Windows Phone 7 discussion

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been an iPhone 3G user since it came out two years ago, but the new Windows Phone 7 sets that should be debuting next month look, well, pretty interesting.

I noticed there's not a thread to talk about them, so I'm making this one.

The Metro UI looks really cool, all Zune-like (and the Zune HD is a great media player, make no mistake about it, and this is coming from someone who has only used iPods and iPhones over the last six/seven years).

We'll see if the actual sets are worth purchasing soon, I guess...

lilbell

Reaction score
I'm not that into this stuff. I have an i-phone because I need it for web conferencing but I don't care about apps and so on. Does anyone really need all that stuff you can get on your mobile?

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Microsoft is having a press conference on October 11. Looks like the phones are launching in November!

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope they do. I've been waiting for this since I saw the demonstration units. I just hope they come to Canada at the same time. I even emailed Steve Ballmer a few months ago and he was non-committal about the timing. Okay, it was someone answering Steve Ballmer's email address on a Sunday night, but I'm the sure the answer would have been the same.

Anyway, they look bloody sweet.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm in Canada too, so I hope they're released as the same time as in the States.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up the Samsung Focus Windows phone on Friday. This is my first smart phone so I don't have much to compare it too but It's pretty nice. I had a Zune so I went with this phone and it's very easy to use and has a huge screen.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm rather disappointed by the phones that Telus and Bell brought in as part of their Windows Phone 7 launch up here in Canuckistan. Sadly, because of that I went with an HTC Android powered phone instead. I was really looking forward to the WF7...

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The UI is impressive and actually original. MS went out of their way to do something unique. Reports are it is fast too. They are lacking some basic things like multi-tasking and cut & paste, but are off to a good start. The real question is if the market can sustain yet another mobile OS.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm really considering getting a Samsung Focus.

Let me know any impressions, texas_jack.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads