• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Windows 7

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting comment about Office 2007. I am far from a power user as I only dabble in Word and Powerpoint and occasionally use Excel. However, from general feedback I've seen on various spots on the web, Office '07 and the ribbon seem to get very high praise.

I've been running Win 7 on my laptop with no hiccups. Of course, I also enjoy Vista Business on my desktop so read into that what you will. After SP1 was released for Vista, I've never looked back. Prior to that I did end up downgrading back to XP Pro because it wasn't working correctly.

FWIW, I consider myself a power user. I don't game and I don't write code but I do lots of multi-tasking, play around a bit with graphic/video editing, run torrents, etc. My computer isn't just for e-mail, listening to music and light surfing.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question: My lappy will have a C2D processor and I plan on maxing it out to 4GB ram. Should I install 64bit Win7 or stick with 32bit?

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
Question: My lappy will have a C2D processor and I plan on maxing it out to 4GB ram. Should I install 64bit Win7 or stick with 32bit?

32-bit will have a limitation on your RAM. Approximately 3.3 GB is all that will be used. 64-bit will use all but I believe there are still a lot of issues with finding correct drivers, etc.

BoilerRoom

Reaction score
Microsoft likes to release operating systems way before all the kinks are worked out. They're assholes but the pretentiousness of Macs is obscene.

I would really love it if Google, IBM, or another competent tech company put together a competing OS.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Argh. I love how there are NO Win 7 64 bit drivers for the Linksys NC100 Ethernet Adapter. I mean, it's only like the most popular, ubiquitous network card in the entire universe.

Oh well. I guess I can take a lemon and make lemonade. Lack of drivers for a network card removes the need of an antivirus scanner rofl!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads