1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wimbledon Cricket Jacket/Blazer

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by nelly, Jan 25, 2007.

1. boarhill

boarhill Active Member

Well played Ich...Though I'm quite sure the sight of two Americans "guffawing (and probaly wearing sweat pants and arena football jerseys) probably had everyone else in in stitches laughing at you.

2. John_Edward

John_Edward Senior member

I'm glad someone dug up this post as I was going to ask a question regarding contrast trim and yacht/boating blazers.

I'm quite fond of the contrast trim on blazers. I've got a grey one with black trim and would like a blue one with white trim. These can't be worn daily, but they're a pleasant surprise once in a while. I was complimented in London for the grey and black one and have been complimented in America. It's a nice look.

Does anyone know who makes/sells these in America?

On crests & badges: I think it's daft to wear any blazer with a crest emblazened upon it unless you were previously or are presently a member of the institution which the crest represents.

3. boarhill

boarhill Active Member

Unfortunately, cricket jackets are often equated with pomposity (Ted Knight in his yachting outfit in Caddy Shack springs to mind). The key, as with any piece of clothing, is to wear with with your own sense of style and fun. I have a lovely vintage cricket jacket that when paired with a fine open neck shirt and jeans looks quite dashing (if I do say so myself). If on the other hand you pair it with a captain's hat you'll look a complete ass.

4. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

boarhill, I'm British.

It's funny you mentioned Americans at Henley. You could spot the Harvard and Princeton teams a mile off. However, I think they were less than impressed with a champagne sodden Brit informing them this was the case.

5. boarhill

boarhill Active Member

My apologies sir. No offence intended. Did you and your girlfriend have a champagne picnic or did you just feed her a raw carrot and a sugar cube?

6. Master Shake

Master Shake Senior member

Well played Ich...Though I'm quite sure the sight of two Americans "guffawing (and probaly wearing sweat pants and arena football jerseys) probably had everyone else in in stitches laughing at you.

[​IMG]

7. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

My apologies sir. No offence intened. Did you and your girlfriend have a champagne picnic or did you just feed her a raw carrot and a sugar cube?

OUCH!

8. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

My apologies sir. No offence intended. Did you and your girlfriend have a champagne picnic or did you just feed her a raw carrot and a sugar cube?

Judge for yourself, my dear.

[​IMG]

9. kev777

kev777 Senior member

[​IMG]

10. boarhill

boarhill Active Member

Beautiful curves! She's obvioulsy well built from what I can see. Is probably filled regularly with seamen. Whats the name off your boat sir?

11. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

boarhill, I'm British.

It's funny you mentioned Americans at Henley. You could spot the Harvard and Princeton teams a mile off. However, I think they were less than impressed with a champagne sodden Brit informing them this was the case.

[​IMG]

- B

12. boarhill

boarhill Active Member

What an amazing coat. I wonder if he killed the Yeti himself or had one of his minions do it

13. Elenuccia

Elenuccia Member

would be great if someone tell where can buy it, here is italy no one have kind of this jacket

14. Batri

Batri New Member

Patrick McGoohan wears a really cool version of this jacket in the old 60's show "The Prisoner". He has a great look when he arrives in the Village and is given his "uniform" - at and around 35:12 in the first episode called "Arrival" on Youtube. Boater, Cricket Jacket, Seat Stick umbrella, Deck Shoes - cool!