• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Will You Give Something Back? - Please help with the "Ask A Question" thread...

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Inspired by the "Is StyleForum turning off new members?" thread... I'm making a small appeal to you here in asking for some help with the "Ask A Question" thread. I'm sure that much of what you know now has, in some way, come from others helping to answer your questions and sharing what they know with you. The whole knowledge economy here essentially works on the goodwill of everyone and their willingness to "trade" what they know for what they don't. There are a lot of unanswered questions in the pinned thread. Please take a second if you could, anytime really, to pop in and help out. You might be surprised how much you can. I'm sure that a lot of the new guys would really appreciate you helping out in any way you can. Kthanksbye

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there is a thread for this

Yika

Reaction score
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
there is a thread for this
yup, he is just appealing for more help in that thread.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wholeheartedly support this. I am discouraged from posting in that thread, because nobody really answers anything there, aside from one or two members (and many thanks to them, but one opinion is usually not enough). It's not that hard to click on the questions thread once a day and provide some useful insight. We should definitely do it more often!

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
bump for visibility

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
bump for visibility
no bumps without a 5% price drop

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
alright, I'll try to be 5% less helpful...

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To add to this, perhaps the answer should be more than 'this has been covered before' or 'do a search'.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.